Who makes sheaths for the Ratmandu?

I'm looking for some sheath options for the Ratmandu. I'm thinking a kydex or kydex insert with a molly pouch attached and firesteel loop that hangs from my belt. One that hangs low enough, so it won't get in the way when I have my pack on while backpacking. I have a kydex sheath with techlok that came with one of my Ratmandu's, but it rides pretty high on my belt and won't work with a hip belt and pack.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

If you have access to leather you could easily make a drop loop and attach it the same way you do the tek-lok. Going with this option you can get the height the knife rides right where you want.

Otherwise you can contact one of the kydex makers (Buy Brown, Azwelke, J&G-Designs...) and specify what you want.

Here is a pic of member's Hard Knocks RMD setup
spIrbbc.jpg

And one from Worldwood

I also know a fellow who makes stuff like this ;)

But that's leather, not kydex.

Thanks guys!! Both are very nice setups. I'll look into both of them and I'll definitely take a look at adding to my current kydex sheath. Do you know what brand and model the pouch is?

It's the ESEE pouch, the thing's designed to hold altoids tin. It's 'industry standard' so the pro makers can make you a rig that will fit the pouch.

Here is one that J&G did for me. All you need is a drop loop instead of the Techlock

My suggestion is always the same when it comes to sheaths for Rats and that's get a hold of Dwayne over at Amorall Leather. Not only does he have just about every Rat ever made so he has templates but you will not find a finer leather sheath anywhere on the planet than the ones Dwayne and his wife put together.

Oh and you will find no better people to deal with either!!

My suggestion is always the same when it comes to sheaths for Rats and that's get a hold of Dwayne over at Amorall Leather. Not only does he have just about every Rat ever made so he has templates but you will not find a finer leather sheath anywhere on the planet than the ones Dwayne and his wife put together.

Oh and you will find no better people to deal with either!!

I'll take a look at Amorall Leather as well. Appreciate the recommendation:)

I can set you up with a really nice leather sheath, firesteel available too. Fully lined, military grade snaps/D-ring.
Mark

Back