1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Who removes the pocket clip from their EDC?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by B Hess, Nov 2, 2010.

1. B Hess

B Hess

Feb 20, 2006
    I never used to, but I tried it on my new mini grip and I think I like it better that way. I don't think I would do it on larger knives but on 3" and smaller blades it seems to work well for me. It makes gripping the knife much better and it makes the knife lighter and slimmer. The only downside might be more pocket lint.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. Samael

Samael

Sep 30, 2007
    Not me. My EDC didn't have a pocket clip to begin with.:D

3. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    I dont remove my clips. I agree that the ergonomics often improve, but i cant stand rummagĂ­ng through my pockets/backpack for a knife.

4. RafaelHerschel

RafaelHerschel

Jun 19, 2010
    In general I prefer a pocket clip, but I have removed the clip on some knives because I carry them loose in the pocket of my jacket. (One at the time :)

I agree. Removing the pocket clip works well on the Mini Grip.

5. dinozzo

dinozzo

Oct 31, 2009
    When i got my Sm Sebenza, i had to take off the clip to make an adjustment, and i have not wanted to put the clip back on since...im normally not a fan of clipless knives, but i actually like it alot on the small sebenza

6. knifezoid

knifezoid

Apr 17, 2009
    I tried it on my thinner knives like my Skyline and Delica. It's not bad, but
    ultimately the clip will go back on. Especially for the Delica cause it's a
    wave opener and doesn't work well without the clip.

7. glockman99

glockman99 Super Moderator Super Mod

Jun 12, 2000
    I removed the clip from my ZT 0301 as I EDC it in a horizontal belt-sheath, and found that the clip would sometimes "hang-up" during removing my knife from its' sheath.

8. twid

twid

Apr 7, 2009
    I took the clip off one of my Tasmans. I carry the clipless one in the velcro pocket of my board shorts when I go to the beach or river.

9. bld522

bld522

Feb 3, 2004
    I live in LaLa Land, so no clips for me. :(

10. Whitedog

Whitedog

Dec 30, 2005
    I generally leave the clip on but carry un-clipped. There are times when the clip does come in handy when wearing slacks and you don't want to feel like you have a brick in your pocket.

11. knoefz

knoefz

Mar 20, 2009
    I edc my Spyderco Tenacious without the clip... also from my flashlights I remove the clips. They bother me when holding the tools and I find them ugly most of the time.

12. stevekt

stevekt

Dec 10, 2003
    I don't use pocket clips but I leave them in place just in case.

13. shooter81

shooter81

Mar 15, 2007
    I took the clip off my large sebenza, and had G2 make me a sheath. I love it. To me knives always feel better without the clip, but without a sheath I leave them on for convience.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

14. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    When knives first started coming out with clips, I always removed them. I thought they were excess hardware and would wear the edge of my pocket out. The trade off was that without fail I wore holes in my pockets. I almost always use a clip now. It keeps the knife where I can always find it with out digging around in my pocket. I think the knife stays a bit more lint and dirt free and if the clip does not have sharp corners, I wear few pocket edges out than actual holes in my pocket. I have scratched my truck a couple of times with the clip if I walk too close to it.

15. PocketEdge

PocketEdge

Dec 23, 2008
    I enjoy the freedom of cliplessness.

16. Bastid

Bastid Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder. Staff Member Super Mod

Feb 27, 2001
    Another vote for the clipless look.

17. axtalan0

axtalan0

Jul 18, 2008
    Remove it every time. Irritates my hand, adds weight, thickens the profile. I hate clips.

18. Brian Sargent

Brian Sargent

Jun 6, 2008
    I luv the clips!

19. DrOpPoInT1110

DrOpPoInT1110

Jan 28, 2009
    for legal reasons in the city i do. if im closer to home or somewhere it won't matter, i use them. i do like the ergos more without them though.

20. CARRERA50

CARRERA50

Dec 20, 2008
    Me too, every one. I have lost knives, torn car seats, chipped paint and
    ruined jeans all courtesy of the damn pocket clip. My EDCs include a
    full-size Doug Ritter, several AFCK models, two non-wave Emersons and
    a SOG Visionary II, all clipless and carried in a Benchmade soft-sheath.

Besides, being a daily public transit rider, I see no reason to advertise...