Who still carries a Case Knife?

BMCGear

Gold Member
Which model do you prefer? What handle and blade materials?

Last edited:
Won't find many in this bunch with an EDC (every day carry). Most of us have a rotation. About the only one I can think of that carries the same knife day in and day out is Mark with his Case peanut. Even he might not qualify as he switches to a SAK when traveling.

- Christian

Another Peanut fanatic here... Every single day!

I always have a Peanut in my watch pocket, either my yellow delrin or chestnut - both in CV. I only have these two.

In my RF pocket is usually a 3.5" to 3.75" GEC. This #66 Stockman is one of a couple that see 80% of the pocket time.

689263B2-CA81-49E7-85BE-CB977F849ED6_zpsqf2ihqqr.jpg

Won't find many in this bunch with an EDC (every day carry). Most of us have a rotation. About the only one I can think of that carries the same knife day in and day out is Mark with his Case peanut. Even he might not qualify as he switches to a SAK when traveling.

- Christian

I am wanting to start carrying a modern and a traditional knife daily. I recently bought two GEC's and was very excited about them but they just didn't seem worth the extra price than a Case so I sold them. This isn't a Case vs. GEC thread. I just was curious if anybody in the traditional forum still carries a Case knife. I think i'm gonna pick up a mini-copperlock to edc with a larger modern folder. :)

I am wanting to start carrying a modern and a traditional knife daily. I recently bought two GEC's and was very excited about them but they just didn't seem worth the extra price than a Case so I sold them. This isn't a Case vs. GEC thread. I just was curious if anybody in the traditional forum still carries a Case knife. I think i'm gonna pick up a mini-copperlock to edc with a larger modern folder. :)

I've been impressed with the quality of the Case pocket knives I've owned (only a few, but all were nicely finished, good walk/talk, etc.

These are my two Peanuts - both are CV. The chestnut came as a surprise gift from on of our members here. :)

3E0D98F6-2859-4A2A-8758-12A44AEA81C4_zpsbeimcg0q.jpg

Now I'm gonna have to pick up one of these in addition to a mini-copperlock. :)

I've been impressed with the quality of the Case pocket knives I've owned (only a few, but all were nicely finished, good walk/talk, etc.

I've had pretty good luck with fit and finish myself. I'm also curious how others like their stainless; as most of my experience has been with CV.

BTW; that GEC you posted looks killer. I may need to try other GEC's and not just the #71.

I have Case knives in my rotation:

3 - Peanuts. My favorite in Stag & Damascus. The others are CV.
1 - Swayback Jack. Chestnut & CV.
1 - Jackknife. 3-3/8" in Olive Bone & SS. For me this hits a really sweet spot in size and carry comfort. It's like a Peanut on steroids. It would be perfect in CV.

I will be honest, I am still at the point of where I have a hard time using a 85+ dollar knife. Also, I am still learning how to care for and sharpen a knife. For these reasons I switch between the red micarta gec 71 and a case medium stockman in black g10. I don't feel as bad if I mess them up.

Reactions: JM2
I carry a celluloid peanut daily and in my rotation I have several case barlows, texas jacks, and slimline trappers.

I plan on getting a pocket worn red large stockman soon too.

I've got two Case knives in my rotation. An amber bone 6318PU stockman (one with the punch) and an Improved Mini Trapper (has a Wharncliffe).

As kamagong noted I really don’t have an EDC. But rotation is too dignified a word for what I do as well. I look in my nightstand drawer each morning and grab whatever knife I feel will meet my needs for the day. This sentence took longer to type and more thought than I usually use to select the knife.

I often select a Case brand knife to be my companion. The most comman is a 47 pattern stockman. The stainless steel is not one of the ones folks like to brag about, but takes a good edge and has always done anything I have asked it to do. The edge retention is not the best I have ever used but certainly ample.

Today the choice is a British army knife but that should surprise no one. I admit I am listing a little to Starboard.

Every day? No, but I have a few that I have in the rotation:
Chestnut Bone CV Mini Trapper that is perfect- great walk and talk, blades perfectly centered, it's exactly what I wanted and couldn't be happier with it. Highly recommended.

Yellow Delrin CV Slimline Trapper- again, absolutely perfect, very 'slim'. I liken it to a Opinel with a back spring-light weight with a thin blade that is a great slicer. Highly recommended.

Yellow Delrin CV Sodbuster JR- great walk and talk, but the blade isn't centered and rubs on the liner which kind of bugs me and I might send it in to have it worked on.

Full Sized Yellow Delrin Trapper CV- blades aren't centered but they don't rub the liners, it's big and heavy, but I really like it and it's got a good patina going with it.

And last but not least Red Composite SS Peanut with American Flag Shield- great little knife, the small pen blade is a little stiff, but it's a great lightweight non-threatening knife. I think the Peanut is the oldest knife I have- probably late 90's/early 2000's. Highly recommended.

Lol...you're the one who brought that spin into the conversation.

Plenty of people carry Case knives. You should've just asked that. EDC is another topic entirely, even if it is somewhat related.

Lol...you're the one who brought that spin into the conversation.

Plenty of people carry Case knives. You should've just asked that. EDC is another topic entirely, even if it is somewhat related.

I know I know. I was trying to give the reason for the thread without turning it into GEC vs. Case. I'll edit EDC out.

I've been carrying this peanut everyday without fail for over 2 1/2 years,

whatever else I'm carrying rotates, but I'm currently also not rotating my carry and sticking with this Case 6318pu, this is my 3rd summer with it,

3 weeks of consistent pocket time, blade selection is perfect, it's a knife I seem to carry mostly in the summer, size is great not too big and not too small goes unnoticed in the pocket, big enough for real work and solidly built.

I carry Case knives quite often. My favorites are the Small Texas Jack, two of the Medium Stockman patterns (18 and 032), Russlock, Mini Trapper in several blade configs, and Mini Copperhead.

My current most carried combo is a Victorinox Cadet and a Buck 303. But the Case knives are still very much in the mix. I personally have never had a Case knife that I was truly displeased with but perhaps I have a broader tolerance for variations in quality for pocket knives.

Last edited:
I have a handful of Case knives but most of them are older ones that I find for cheap and don't end up carrying. The Cases I like to carry and use are primarily the Peanut, SBJ, and classic yeller trapper, all in CV. I am also looking to get a mini trapper to satiate my half-stop compulsion.

Back