Who still carries a SPOT?

Ok, ok... I'm behind the times, I know it was discontinued. But I still carry this knife just about everyday!
picture.php

There is something about this little neck knife I like! :D

Anyone else still carry a SPOT?

Yep, but both of mine's sheaths are different than yours (Both in color & shape). That one looks like the AUS 6 one, is it? I have both, the all-metal AUS 6 one & the micarta scaled VG-10 one.

I think they're a slightly better neck knife than the HAk & the Emerson La Griffe. However, I do like the HAK & Emerson, though & think all 3 knives are probably some of the best neck knives going.

zenheretic

Gold Member
I do on occasion, but not as a neck knife. I'm biased against that carry, due to safety reasons for anyone utilizing a standard seat belt.

Very handy and easy to carry. The lock has never failed a spine wack test.

:D

I had the VG-10 model with the Micarta handle. I very foolishly gave it away and have been regretting it ever since. Wish I still had it.

I'm now carrying a Hidaway knife since I can no longer acquire a SPOT.

I would love a Spot but I would like a better steel than AUS6.
I have a much more recent spyderco neck knife ,the Mule with a OST sheath and ball chain.
The Mule wears just as well as the spot and is a much more useful knife to boot. It is also a heck of a fighter. I have some pics on the pic thread.

I have one sitting in the cupboard, never been used. I'm sure it will be worth thousands of dollars one day.

RLR

Kayaking = carrying Swick (even more rare than your spot!)

Great little knives, and I carry it on my PFD, not neck either.

Here is my Mule in neck knife form along with a few Striders and my beloved fully serrated Police(the old stainless one) with an awesome carry system of it's own.
P7010028.jpg

I just bought a StreetBeat today as well.

Planterz

Іди на хуй Путін!
Platinum Member
I'd still have my PE VG-10/Micarta SPOT strapped to my backpack if I didn't lose the effing thing after removing it before flying.

I do have a Swick, but I don't have it strapped to my backpack in the SPOT's stead. I really like the Swick, but the finger hole is just ever so slightly smaller, and that makes a huge difference in the comfort with my particular hand. I prefer the Swick's blade over the SPOT though.

I didn't realize the Swick was so rare and hard to find. Almost makes me postulate about thinking about considering selling mine. Almost. ;)

Been thinking of getting a Caspian Salt too. I really like the finger hole design for hanging off my backpack. I ride a bike, often late at night, and like such a knife for self-defense. The finger hole gives you security in grip that can't be matched by any other neck knife. For a long time, I thought the Emerson/Perrin La Griffe would be uncomfortable because it looked like it, until I held one at a shop. It's surprisingly comfortable, but I like more handle, even with the finger hole. I'd like to try a HAK one of these days too.

Last edited:
i havent carried mine for a while, just because it would be a little hard to explain if i ever used it in the role it was designed for