Who uses clippers on their head

Okay, this is a strange question -- but I've been thinking of using my Wahl clippers to do my whole head -- maybe a 1/8 or 1/4 of and inch.

Does anyone else use clippers for this (I know there are you out there that use the Headblade to shave the head) but I am not fully folliclly challenged

If you use clippers
1. what guard / length ?
2. method used i.e do you go front to back or back to front, etc.?

Thank You

Hey there fellow Forumite :D

I use the clippers w/o the guard (sometimes with the blade adjusted all the way forward and sometimes all the way back) to shave my skull.

It's not all that difficult, been doing it for years. If you're gonna use the a guard, the smallest one is good for a "fuzzy head".

When I use the guard, I find I need to let my hair "grow" a bit to get a nice uniform trim.

Usually I do the back of my head first (going forward) and then the top/front (going backward).

Not all that difficult, takes a little faith and that's about it. Even shave every now and then with a safety razor (Sensor Excel) when I want to do my Mr. Clean imitation.

pageophile,

Thanks for the input.
I will try it (when I get up the nerve) - Actually, going to take a trip to Florida in May for a week, thought about it for then - easy to manage also.

Thanks again

I use clippers to give myself a haircut every other week. I use a zero guard for the sides and back and a six for the top of my head. When I'm cutting the sides I go from bottom to top. When I use the six guard I start front to back, then clean it up by going side to side.

Back