1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

who uses Spyderco kitchen knives?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by shootist16, Apr 11, 2000.

1. shootist16

shootist16 knife law moderator Moderator

Dec 25, 1998
    Any input about the kitchen knives? I am currently using old hickory knives, but my wife cant appreciate carbon steel. I am looking for some kitchen knives for mothers day. I love Spyderco knives, and am considering there kitchen set.

------------------
    Dennis Bible

2. Chiro75

Chiro75

Feb 4, 1999
    I have been using the Spyderco Santoku almost exclusively for close to a year and I love it! Requires fairly frequent sharpening, although i don't use a steel, so I probably sharpen more often than I need to. I bought a Solo Titan titanium kitchen knife, too, expecting more of a novelty than anything else and after a month of everyday use it is finally needing to be sharpened! My fiancee is also very impressed with it. For $30 at Spyderco's website it is tough to beat. I hope to have a review of both knives done soon...

------------------
    My Knife & Sheath Pages:
    http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/1298/frames.html
    Palmer College of Chiropractic
    Sheath Makers Referral Directory
    [email protected]
    Madpoet (Mel Sorg, Jr.) Tribute page:
    http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/1298/madpoet/main.html

3. Dalerich

Dalerich Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 2, 1999
    Shootist,
    I have been using Spyderco kithhen knives for about a year and find them to be the best I have used. They are easy to sharpen and have excellent edge retention. My wife has a glass cutting board and so I have to sharpen frequently. Thje paring knife that I use is still as sharp as the day I received it (I do not use her glass cutting board!!!). They are a good value and of course they are made by Spyderco [​IMG].

------------------
    Dale Richmond
    AKTI Number A000949

4. Bill McWilliams

Bill McWilliams

Oct 3, 1998
    I use Spyderco kitchen knives.
    So does my mother, father, step-mother and girlfriend. I gave them as gifts last Christmas and everyone loves them.
    Bill

5. Kdarmy

Kdarmy

Oct 5, 1998
    I use my Spyderco kitchen knives evryday for anything from frozen foods to cutting my steak. Ive used them for some time now and have pretty much ignore them untill I need one and they have held up great. If I could change one thing about them, it would be to make them just a bit more rigid, they have a little too much flex to em for me.

------------------
    ~Keith~
    "War to the knife and knife to the hilt"

6. storyville

storyville

Aug 11, 1999
    I picked up the discontinued model w/9.5" AUS-10 French chef-style blade and black paper micarta handles. Great edge, nice balance, elegant -- does most everything efficiently (except paring). More expensive than their regular line, but less (w/far better performance) than the overpriced big names (Henckels, etc). Might still be available at Spyderco.

Glen

7. hso

hso

Dec 16, 1998
    We use the Spyderco kitchen knives every day. I sharpen them whenever they start to drag and they're great.

Mike

------------------
    TANSTAAFL

8. PeteG

PeteG

Mar 16, 2000
    I bought a pair of UK-K04 knives and a titanium Titan at the Golden store and I love them by far the best kitchen knives I've used. And the best thing is my wife go's in the store with me now to look at more kitchen knives while I drool over the other knives.

9. Blilious

Blilious

Dec 30, 1999
    I got both the solo and the mbs-26 kitchen knives - and I like them both.

But - having 4 Japanese kitchen knives - made of San Mai (three-layer steel in the best Japanese tradition) gives them a tough fight in our kitchen...

10. Dexter Ewing

Dexter Ewing Moderator & Gold Member

Oct 3, 1998
    I have the K04 and K05 models. So far they have been great performers and I've been very satisfied with them. Highly recommend these two models here for all-around kitchen utility.

------------------
    Dexter Ewing
    AKTI Member # A000005

Living life "on the edge"

11. MartyKing

MartyKing

Dec 22, 1999
    I have been using Spyderco kitchen knived (the ones with the black hard rubber-like handles) for about 10 years and they are excellent. THe bread knife is the best I have found for bread. The others are also great. I like to have both plain edge and serrated for different jobs.

12. shootist16

shootist16 knife law moderator Moderator

Dec 25, 1998
    Thanks for all the responses. I oredered the line from www.chaicutlery.com today. I hope they make a good mother's day present. [​IMG]

------------------
    Dennis Bible

13. lbwheat

lbwheat

Feb 24, 1999
    I purchased one of the Titanium butcher knives from SFO for my wife and she really likes it.She still can't believe that onions won't bother your eyes because of the non reaction to the Titanium.

lbwheat

------------------