Whole heapa questions

Firstly, I've read lots of the threads going way back (forgot nearly everything now though, as is my way), and I'm definately getting a Rat whether I need one or not.

My main question is should I get the BR or the CT? I don't really need anything small because I've got an F1 and WM1 which I presume will last for a long time given that I don't loose'em. Thing is that I want the BR because....well I don't have a BIG knife and.......it's the flagship model isn't it!!! But then again the CT's pretty big too and it's not so threatening as the BR for obvious size reasons.

I was also wondering how the sharpening compares to that of the VG-10 used on Fallknivens. I've heard in places that VG-10 is hard to sharpen and being the only convex blades I have I was wondering how the SR101 or whatever it is compares. (If anyone knows)

Don't ask what I'll be using the knife for because to be honest, I have no idea. I might end up doing volunteer work in some third world country, or conservation in Florida, or just working in my dad's (large) garden here in the UK.

I'd also like to point out that I have a cold steel machete, however the Rats might be so much better that I'd give that to my dad because it'd be redundant in my possession.

Eric, do you ship to the UK?

These knives both see like excellent quality tools and I'm really not sure which one to choose. Please help by giving me your opinions, I can't stop thinking about it.

Matt.

If you have some small knives already, get a Battle Rat for now. You'll want more later anyway! ;)

Sharpening is very easy. In fact, through all the the abuse my BR has dealt with, I have only had to remove material once!

I am amazed at my BR. I have used it many times and reasonably hard. Only ever toouched it up! My HR needs a good going over though, thats what happens when you use them as paint scrapers...:D

Get the BR brother, it is an awesome BIG BLADE...

My common sense is telling me CT, but everything else is saying Battle Rat. I guess it won't look to huge on me anyway since I'm 6'5".

Matt.....Sounds to me like the BR will more than suit the needs you stated.I have one that has'nt been put through the work out that Gundy has his and I agree....It requires very little maintenance.(I do't have a CT yet....but I'm sure that it will fill your needs too)The BR is an AWSOME hunk of sharp steel!!!!:D

Hello Matt and welcome to the Rat's Nest :D:D

Swamp Rat does ship to the UK.

SR101 is not hard to sharpen, as long as you keep it touched up generally a strop or hit it lightly on sandpaper/mousepad will take care of it.

Welcome aboard, these guys will help you decide. :D:D

Eric, if I'd realised it was you who I'd be emailing my shipping charges question to, I'd just have posted here. Nevermind though, thanks for the reply.

Well I've worked out how much it's gonna cost me for a BR, with and without the tax at this end (I don't know exactly what they tax on and what they don't, I guess it depends on how much the item cost).

So I'm leaning towards the BR right now. I guess I'll end up getting a HR too if the SR101 is really easy to sharpen.

Yeah what the He11, I'll go for the BR. I'll just have to check my financial situa......no fu(k it, I'll just go ahead and order.

Ofcourse this means there will be questions on strops, but I'm sure you guys can handle that. Thanks for the welcomes BTW.

I'll answer questions, wherever I get them. Email me or ask here is fine either way :D:D

Glad we could help. :D

Back