whoops! bent my wire clip

tinfoil hat timmy

Gold Member
hello everyone! I hope all you beautiful folks are having a wonderful day.

While out and about today I managed to pretty badly bend the wire clip on my Spydiechef. its pretty bad. there is no longer any friction on my pocket to hold the blade. it just kinda flops around.

Is there any one here who has found or made a suitable replacement that will be equal quality or an upgrade?

Thanks! I love the Chef!

eta pics would be fantastic thanks!

I'm not sure why, but I've had a couple bent and broken Spyderco clips!!
(The flat steel, not wire).

The good thing about Spyderco for me, is they have been willing to send me replacement clips and screws.

I'm not sure why, but I've had a couple bent and broken Spyderco clips!!
(The flat steel, not wire).

The good thing about Spyderco for me, is they have been willing to send me replacement clips and screws.
I thank you for the replies everyone.

yeah I've bent my share of pocket clips, wire or otherwise. I might just say f it and go clipless eventually.

Can you not bend it back?? I have repaired my bent clips by using a vice and gently squeezing them back in shape. 😉
John 🍻

Between 2 Sages and a Dragonfly, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done that to a wire clip. I did it to a brand-new Delica’s flat clip so bad, it broke. Did it to my new Stretch 2 the other day, too.

The ones that didn’t break, I took off and bent back into shape. The Dragonfly and Delica are currently clipless due to broken clips that I haven’t figured out what to replace with, or if I even want to. :D They are both FRN and very light, and ride pretty well in a pocket without a clip.

I bought a titanium clip for the Delica when CS told me I’d have to buy whatever I replaced it with anyway and I’d already broken one OEM clip, but the material is just a hair too thick, so the screws aren’t long enough to use to put it on with. So I continue without a clip for that one. For now, anyway.

Back