Why all the stupid ads!!

The Shatz

Gold Member
Wondering why all the adds lately I'm a paid subscriber and still see all kinds of adds on dresses shoes all kinds crap!! Anyone else wondering what's going on

I'm not paid subscriber, but this is the only site where I'm getting ads for lingerie, heels, shoulder lenght latex/leather gloves, russian/asian brides and high powered lasers...

I learned to ignore them by now. It's like they are intentionally made in a way you want to get rid of them.

They are still not nearly as bad as Wish ads on Facebook...
I'm tempted by those high powered lasers tho...

I'm not paid subscriber, but this is the only site where I'm getting ads for lingerie, heels, shoulder lenght latex/leather gloves, russian/asian brides and high powered lasers...

I learned to ignore them by now. It's like they are intentionally made in a way you want to get rid of them.

They are still not nearly as bad as Wish ads on Facebook...
I'm tempted by those high powered lasers tho...

The ad software packages base the ads they display on the cookies in your browser. So if you are getting ads for ladies lingerie...

The ads generally sucker me into renewing my membership within a week of it expiring. I must admit, they are highly effective.

I'm not paid subscriber, but this is the only site where I'm getting ads for lingerie, heels,
I know - terrible isn't it! I must have spent 20 minutes staring at one of those ads yesterday.....plus another 15 staring at the picture of Jennifer Aniston with a low cut top.
I just wish I knew why I was staring at them though.....

(it's hell to get old, let me tell you........)

;)

The ad software packages base the ads they display on the cookies in your browser. So if you are getting ads for ladies lingerie...
I live with several women, and I'm the only one who always uses incognito... so that could explain lingerie ads... but why these ads only on this site?
And why ads for other crap too? LOL

I live with several women, and I'm the only one who always uses incognito... so that could explain lingerie ads... but why these ads only on this site?
And why ads for other crap too? LOL
You tell us bud! Whenever I Google a product it always pops up either here, or on Facebook, or other sites. It's based on the ad software reading your recent searches.

If you don't want to see them on mobile, buy the $10 membership and support this site! If you're on PC you could do the same but there are more alternatives.

uBlock origin

that is the browser extension you want - best ad blocker, imho, and very lean with good history
I don't know how people these days can stand not running one - ads, sadly, are a common source of infections - even high end 'ad networks' have been shown to be sources in the past when things slip thru or given the opportunity to change them on the fly

they have only themselves to blame...

honestly a pi-hole is the best thing you can do with a little mini computer for $30 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi-hole

Back