Why all the stupid ads!!

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by The Shatz, Oct 10, 2020.

1. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Wondering why all the adds lately I'm a paid subscriber and still see all kinds of adds on dresses shoes all kinds crap!! Anyone else wondering what's going on

Smiling likes this.
  2. XL883N

XL883N

Apr 12, 2020
    One d in ads.

Stelth and Sidehill Gouger like this.
  3. Smiling

Smiling

Nov 21, 2019
    I'm not paid subscriber, but this is the only site where I'm getting ads for lingerie, heels, shoulder lenght latex/leather gloves, russian/asian brides and high powered lasers...

I learned to ignore them by now. It's like they are intentionally made in a way you want to get rid of them.

They are still not nearly as bad as Wish ads on Facebook...
    I'm tempted by those high powered lasers tho...

4. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    it's probably time for an ad blocker

DocJD and Smiling like this.
  5. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Your subscription expired last Tuesday.

6. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    The ad software packages base the ads they display on the cookies in your browser. So if you are getting ads for ladies lingerie...

7. cashville

cashville Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 12, 2017
    The ads generally sucker me into renewing my membership within a week of it expiring. I must admit, they are highly effective.

willc likes this.
  8. Hal

Hal

Feb 26, 1999
    I know - terrible isn't it! I must have spent 20 minutes staring at one of those ads yesterday.....plus another 15 staring at the picture of Jennifer Aniston with a low cut top.
    I just wish I knew why I was staring at them though.....

(it's hell to get old, let me tell you........)

;)

Smiling likes this.
  9. Smiling

Smiling

Nov 21, 2019
    I live with several women, and I'm the only one who always uses incognito... so that could explain lingerie ads... but why these ads only on this site?
    And why ads for other crap too? LOL

10. lieferung

lieferung

May 24, 2016
    You tell us bud! Whenever I Google a product it always pops up either here, or on Facebook, or other sites. It's based on the ad software reading your recent searches.

If you don't want to see them on mobile, buy the $10 membership and support this site! If you're on PC you could do the same but there are more alternatives.

11. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    It's probably time for that dude to stop browsing other sites that sell

lingerie, heels, shoulder lenght latex/leather gloves, russian/asian brides and high powered lasers...

willc and Murphjd25 like this.
  12. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Didn't know my subscription had expired I guess that explains it lol!!

knarfeng likes this.
  13. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    uBlock origin

that is the browser extension you want - best ad blocker, imho, and very lean with good history
    I don't know how people these days can stand not running one - ads, sadly, are a common source of infections - even high end 'ad networks' have been shown to be sources in the past when things slip thru or given the opportunity to change them on the fly

they have only themselves to blame...

honestly a pi-hole is the best thing you can do with a little mini computer for $30 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi-hole

14. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Sounds like a fun weekend.

Smiling and Wharn like this.
  15. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Dayum, @Smiling . Must have an interesting browsing history, man. :D

Smiling likes this.
  16. Smiling

Smiling

Nov 21, 2019
    I would've been better without seeing this... I'll never watch my siblings with the same eyes now...
    Gonna walk up to them and be like "You should really learn to use incognito"

17. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Adblock Plus for Chrome, yo.