1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Why am I seeing anti gun ads?

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by plumberroy, Nov 22, 2019.

1. plumberroy

plumberroy

Jan 27, 2007
    Title says it all
    Ad says 690 gun deaths in Kentucky last year
    By everytown research. Just doesn't seem like an ad that fits this audience

2. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Upgrade to a paid membership and you won't see any ads;)

WValtakis likes this.
  3. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    If memory serves, Spark signs up for an ad service. They pay money and load the ads. Spark doesn't actually have anything to do with choosing which ads get run. Except I think he does get to require that they be family friendly.

4. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    I think the ad software reads your browsing history/cookies and feeds you applicable ads.

All I get is hearing aid ads, bras and some other stuff I can't post here.

Kiah likes this.
  5. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    This AM I see ads for Best Buy, Gearbest, and The Irish Store.

Funny thing is I've seen a fair number of knife ads for non supporting vendors. I would guess that's part of the algorithm to try and feed the people on the site similar interests.