WHY are folks having to basically Re manufacture there knife purchases?

Between this thread and the Allen Blade thread in the feedback section, all I know about Velocity MFG is that they won't have to worry about me having to remanufacture their knives. I would never give them a dollar.

Between this thread and the Allen Blade thread in the feedback section, all I know about Velocity MFG is that they won't have to worry about me having to remanufacture their knives. I would never give them a dollar.

Hey,

Funny how this question has tended to fall into a fistycuff match of wits on a keyboard. The Mistake we made of Buying a few designs from Allen Blade months ago was covered at length. And has been settled by us in having done away with the designs.

As for Wroughndt, don't worry friend we will do and are doing quite nicely without your DOLLAR or anyone else who holds such petty grudges, and doesn't forgive honest mistakes that have been corrected.

As for this Post, I guess there are a few folks who have asked the same question as I did originally in this post. And I don't blame them for not coming forward sooner being that in doing so you become a target of a few who seem to have issues discussing honest questions.

Regards,

Lisa

You're still dodging, what specific knives were you talking about in your original post?

I've had many brand new knives pass through my hands (and I still have a lot of them). I feel it's rare to have a problem with 99% and I can't remember having to send back over 3. I've centered the blade on maybe 4 of them. Most of these production folders have arrived in fine working order, right out of the box.

I agree when something is flawed NIB, we are going to see threads/posts about it and the ones in good shape either never get posted about, or we become so used to seeing those posts we don't give it a thought.

My brand new Bradley Alias developed blade play. I send it into benchmade, they replaced one of the titanium slabs. The knife then develops even worse blade play then what I initially sent it in for.
I send it back to them a second time.
Weeks later again, I get the knife back. Well, guess what, the lock bar still moves towards the closed position, and there is still severe blade play.

Seriously Benchmade, WHAT THE ****? I am contemplating just demanding a refund and being done with them for good.

Interesting post. The Bradley Alias is put up by some to be "at least as smooth, or smoother" than a CRK Sebenza. I have, at times, considered buying an Alias, but having the good fortune to own multiple Sebenzas, I've not seen the need to do so. There are some owners who post their extreme satisfaction with the Alias...and no blade play...and perhaps they got a good one. Or maybe most of them are good.
IMO, you should stop "contemplating" and demand a refund as you stated. But BM does make some very excellent models also.
In General: Read reviews and relevant threads; pick wisely. The same could be said for many available brands.
Sonny

Last edited:
Problem is, I really like the knife.......I'm disgusted by having to have sent it in 2 times now back to back, with their last repair letter indicating I need to clean the knife......I think they should give me a refund and fix this blade if they want to make it right. I'm waiting for a call back. The rep yesterday informed me they are out of stock, so they do not have another alias to issue me at the moment. I really don't think it's fair to have to send this one back a third time without Benchmade going above and beyond at this point.

Problem is, I really like the knife.......I'm disgusted by having to have sent it in 2 times now back to back, with their last repair letter indicating I need to clean the knife......I think they should give me a refund and fix this blade if they want to make it right. I'm waiting for a call back. The rep yesterday informed me they are out of stock, so they do not have another alias to issue me at the moment. I really don't think it's fair to have to send this one back a third time without Benchmade going above and beyond at this point.
I purchased an expensive limited edition production folder once and when I opened it the blade was stuck in the open position and I couldn't close it. The dilemma was to take it apart voiding the warranty and potentially damaging it in the process decreasing it's resale value (even though I had no intention of selling it) or send it back and hope for the best. The company went above and beyond. Paid for the shipping and packing materials. They fixed the problem but in the end I still felt like I had a broken knife that had been fixed instead of a new, one of a kind high end knife.

I know how you feel and it must really suck.

I will say this. The very few times (twice) I have ever dealt with Benchamde customer service I was completely satisfied with the outcome. Stay on them. I wouldn't except anything less then a properly functioning knife.

I'm just sorry to hear that you have to go threw all this. A note suggesting I may have been the cause or part of the problem would have ticked me off too.

Best of luck!

Back