Why are some people so biased on Cold Steel?

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Smiling, Dec 10, 2019.

1. lonestar1979

lonestar1979

Mar 2, 2014
    Most of CS knives are designed and made to be used,and most are not overpriced.Never had any problems with CS knife,and especially their budget blades are amazing in what they offer for price and are actually made to be used.Ill continue to buy CS products as they offer more than other famous brands for fraction of price.These knives are designed for actual use,not collecting purposes like 90%and more knives on market.Heat treat is very good too.Thumbs up for that one and the grinds,no bs products.

Smiling and Zephyr One/Zero like this.
  2. MarkN86

MarkN86

Sep 3, 2012
    Kershaw did indeed move on, I remember when it happened, but if I remember correctly don't think it was the just the cliques that everyone formed that did it. There were a few especially toxic individuals who were continually bringing up the company's every fault to the point where KAI requested their forum be closed. It's OK to bring up something that bothers you to discuss improvements, it's another to fault every decision that's made.

I agree with you, nearly every company has their haters and their die hard fan boys. Do what you do, you are the one that has to live with it.

3. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I’ve never been drawn to the over the top models/antics (Espada, Lynn chopping pigs with swords etc), the Lawman and AK series are good, solid, sensible folders that are well made and a good value; that’s kind of where it starts and ends for me.

That said, I own about $250 in CS products (lawman, mini and regular AK).

A side note on Kai (Kershaw), they did leave but it should be noted that they are actively elsewhere. Thomas Welk, I believe their VP of Sales, seems like a massive asshole by the way he conducts himself.