cc1e7748eb6836135d7b893fcdd1a2bd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Awesome Hogue!!
👍👍

Super sweet looking brother!!
I have never seen one like it!
Damn!!
Joe

ebay item# 281449545166, it was actually only $75.94 all in, bought it 9/28/2014 (just found the e-mail, can you tell :p )

There's actually a similar one on there right now for $75, just checked.

One thing I noted was that the S30V one had much smoother G10 texturing than the 420HC one that i also bought but from OpticsPlanet 5/31/13 and paid $89.79 for. Perhaps the s30V one had a newer version of the handles in response to customer feedback about the texture... *shrug*

Anyway, i didn't much like the torsion-bar, it made deployment too difficult (strong detent as the tang has to slide along the bar until it reaches "active" position. And without the bar, the knife just flips open and closed like with an axis-lock :thumbup: Without the bar, the tang/plunge interface has sufficient detent to keep the knife closed.

I haven't tried one of the Hogues, but I've been sufficiently pleased with the less expensive Gerber to keep me from springing for one ;) I would not doubt that the construction and action are superior in regards to the lock itself... but it should be, given the price difference.

Kinda late to post this but thanks alot for the response and detailed info on the propel, I will check out those sites. Dont know why but that knife speaks to me for some reason. I thought the s30v version only came in desert tan so I avoided the black handled one just in case it was mislabled. If I get one I will probably take out the torsion bar as well depending on the action.

Back