Why didn't the Native Chief ever make it past Prototype?

Well, Eric needs to make an account so we can nag him endlessly:D Looks like a really good design.

We've redesigned the model. 'bout 3.5" blade. Wider, tougher. Working on a new proto now.

sal

If the Native Chief sees the light of day I will BE SO HAPPY! This is the answer to BM discontinuing the AFCK, which was my favourite all-time knife until they got rid of it, dressed one up, called it “limited edition" and started overcharging for it :D The Chief will be my new favourite knife if they are produced. SAL!!!!!!! DOOO EEEEET!!!! Oh and please not a liner lock unless it’s as thick as the liner on the GB.

Sal, I might not camp out for one, but I will definitely be looking for these. Actually, I would camp out for a Starmate, I might as well sit out front of my local knife shop for the Chief model too.

:eek:I almost forgot about the Starmate, It's such a rad design. The Starmate will be my first purchase, closely followed by the Chief.

We've redesigned the model. 'bout 3.5" blade. Wider, tougher. Working on a new proto now.

sal

Thanks, Sal! Looking forward to this one....
Will the new version have an FFG grind like the Native 5 or will it retain the saber grind w/ swedge like the original proto?

Wait a minute, bladechick is a spyderco fangirl? Wuuuuut
I Absolutely LOVE The Native, And I Think A Bigger One Would Be AMAZING!
I Would Buy It, And Own It, And Use It, And Hold It, And Pet It, And Take Care Of It, And Love It, And Squeeze It....

Anyways, I Think It Should Be Produced, I Like The Foliage Green G-10 On It That I Saw A Picture Of.

And, Sal, It Would Be Awesome. And I Just Want To Say, I Am A Spyderco Fan Girl Lol.

I was late to the party for the Super Leaf, being disco'ed and all but I think I'll be waiting for this awesome one. I also had to bump this because of the latest in the rumor mill. . .

Hail to the Chief!

NativeChief.jpg

Would be nice though if it didn't have any "hard" corners in the finger choil/cut out like in the Gen. 5 regular Natives.

cbddfba4cf96cb9039b1063bf7a3.jpg

Last edited:
I cant imagine the Native Chief NOT selling great! I would imagine that it would be snarfed right up and be in my pocket now if it were available.
Please make the darn thing and make it with a 4 inch blade- it's called the Chief, for cryin out loud.
John

I was late to the party for the Super Leaf, being disco'ed and all but I think I'll be waiting for this awesome one. I also had to bump this because of the latest in the rumor mill. . .

If you want a Super Leaf, you can still get one, and for cheap.

Back