Why do you love knives?

Knives are the ultimate tool.

------------------
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

For me it's the total badass factor. What i saw in the movies i want to have, to immitate.

It's not I love knives why I spend so much money...just they come into my sight! Why?
Ask them not me!

------------------
\(^o^)/ Mizutani Satoshi \(^o^)/

"What can be accomplished by me, here and now, cannot be accomplished by anyone else, ever." -Bakhtin

There are three reasons why I like knives (well, weaponry in general, but knives specifically).

The first relates to the quote above. I am solely responsible for my actions, and it is my will that guides my actions. A knife is a tool through which my will is made manifest in action. It is a way for me to apply my view of the way reality should be in a given situation, whether that be by clearing brush that I think should not be there, or fighting off an attacker that I do not think should be attacking me. So long as I am responsible, the knife is an appropriate tool for my will.

The second reason I like knives is for the aesthetic appeal. For years, a man's weaponry communicated his status, power, and wealth (male jewelry, if you will). Not only are they a work of art in themselves, but the knife you carry communicates something about who and what you are. I do not wear gold or jewels, but I do wear my weaponry.

The third reason is similar to a couple of other's responses. Knife makers and collectors, as a whole and on average are very easy people to get along with. I love nothing more than going to knife shows, maker's shops, and shooting the breeze. In my exprience, knifers are people who take responsibility for themselves, and are generous in their assistance to others.

Just a note, I think that those who own tools and weaponry, and take it upon themselves to learn how to use them, are the more evolved of our species. (Can it be because I put myself in that camp? Heh, heh.) Seriously though, our willingness to take the obligation of our own lives into our own hands is increasingly rare (and getting rarer).

Whew, that was long winded.

ZOG

------------------
"A fear of weaponry is a sure sign of neuroses."
-Freud

knives are humankinds oldest and most basic tool.
and they are so damned usefull.

if i didnt carry one(or several
smile.gif
) id get real sick of always running off to get razors, scissors, scrapers, awls, etc.

Back