Why does almost everyone replace sales prices with sold?

smills

Gold Member
I obviously understand marking an item as sold, crossing out the text or otherwise clearly making it obvious that an item is no longer available. But searching this forum to get a general sense of the sales history/pricing of an item is miserable because almost everyone deletes the price and just puts $Sold or something along those lines. Am I missing something?

S smills , lots of threads over in GBU discussing this. Use the search function in that forum for additional threads, and you can start with this thread here:

I do not know how or why the practice started, but I agree that's it's odd. In any case...that's the way it is and it's been that way for a long time.

There is a way around it. "Watch" the sub-forums that you are interested in and set up email notifications. When new items are posted for sale in those sub-forums, you will get an email with the full, original post (including the price). Set up a rule in your email app to put those emails into a special folder.

Sounds like a lot of work, but you will be able to track sale prices going forth, and that folder should be searchable. ;)

Not everyone does it.....

I agree, it's a nice ballpark idea as to what is what, but remember asking price and selling price are often two different things. and selling price is usually private......

Back