Why don't cold steel make multi tools?

Possibly because it would involve gearing up for a completely different kind of production.

And Victorinox and Leatherman have the market pretty much sewn up between them.

We've talked about this a lot at shows and events. People ask us all the time.
Lynn always says the same thing... there are already some really awesome multi-tools out there. If we were to explore making our own it would have to be radically different - to have that Cold Steel vibe. We would want to make something completely unique. Lynn and the R&D guys have talked about it a lot and they've given it a lot of thought but it's not something they plan to develop right now. But maybe in the future...

We've talked about this a lot at shows and events. People ask us all the time.
Lynn always says the same thing... there are already some really awesome multi-tools out there. If we were to explore making our own it would have to be radically different - to have that Cold Steel vibe. We would want to make something completely unique. Lynn and the R&D guys have talked about it a lot and they've given it a lot of thought but it's not something they plan to develop right now. But maybe in the future...

Rajah 2 and Large Espada multi-tools. Total Awesomeness:D

it would be quite a challenge to go up against the generic giants of the multitool market segment.
perhaps a smaller targeted market could be addressed.
ie specialized tools for guns/archery/biking ?

Oh yeah I love my leather man and Vic multi tools , I was just wondering why cold steel never entered the market.

I got it. Large folder with a 6" blade, 6" saw blade, and a firesteel. You're welcome, Cold Steel. Where do I pick up my royalty checks? :D

Back