Why I Like SHRADE Knives

rprocter

BANNED
i like Shrade knives because they are not as common or sought after as Schrade knives. for example, i just won a Shrade Barlow knife http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110165699037&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001 for i think a reasonable price. the only other bidder is himself a seller of Schrade, so i guess there is some cross-over interest. hopefully it is not a Tailer Shrade.
i have searched here but cannot find pic. or info on this exact knife, so all comments will be appreciated. roland

looks like a 80th ann. without the etching
just my 2 cents
w5rwu

Very similar to the 80th Anniversary Barlow, it is actually a 47 th MAC tools knife without blade etch or badge stamp and bolster stamping. It does look similar to the 80th
Anniversary knife although the badge on the handle is smaller.

see pic below of the MAC Tools 47th Anniversary Barlow with completed adornments.

Rusty1

mactools47thbarlowresizkq7.jpg

thanks guys, it still amazes me how great folks here are for helping and how much they know. after a couple of hours searching i still couldn't figure it out. i always find the LTD ones difficult to place. am i correct in assuming a "bastard" knife like this (perhaps assembled from parts of an unfilled order) is of much less collector value ? if so, i'll be happy to add it to my user group. roland

thanks guys, it still amazes me how great folks here are for helping and how much they know. after a couple of hours searching i still couldn't figure it out. i always find the LTD ones difficult to place. am i correct in assuming a "bastard" knife like this (perhaps assembled from parts of an unfilled order) is of much less collector value ? if so, i'll be happy to add it to my user group. roland

I have a bastard too:

Has the bolster engraving, which is ugly and I wish was missing, and the engraved shield, 1938-1985, but no blade etch or serial number. It too is an Schrade+ / USA LTD.

And the Anniversary 1904 - 1984. It is a Schrade + / NY USA /280 stamp:

Which is pretty, with a nicely machine turned diamond pattern on the backsprings, but not a real good picture:

Seems to me they used the left over Anniversary knife the following year for the Mac Tools SFO.

There is a nicer Anniversary with real bone handles. Larry303 has one of them, and snagged it for a bargain price too.

Oh yeah, the best knife I ever won on Ebay was a Shrade. Often times the Schrades cost more.

Very similar to the 80th Anniversary Barlow, it is actually a 47 th MAC tools knife without blade etch or badge stamp and bolster stamping. It does look similar to the 80th
Anniversary knife although the badge on the handle is smaller.

see pic below of the MAC Tools 47th Anniversary Barlow with completed adornments.

Rusty1

mactools47thbarlowresizkq7.jpg

I wanted to complement you Rusty. Nice picture of the barlow!

very nice pics., so knives must be pretty nice too ! i still want to hear how others view these "bastard" Schrade knives. i have a few of them, all "mint" but no boxes. but they don't really fit in to the history of Schrade. they are an "after-thought", assembled to use up parts inventory. for me these don't generate the same feeling as a knife i can place in history other than at the very end. roland

Thanks for the compliments guys, most appreciated. Also thanks to thawk for posting the pic of the 80th annivesary Barlow, I do not have one so I could not oblige with a pic.

Rusty1

Back