Why not have a member map?

This could be an optional thing for members. I think it would be a great way to make some connections with like minded folks in your area. What does everyone think of this?

Or, we could all fill in the "Location" area of our profiles with real information...

A couple of years ago, one member noticed how many New Jersey locations he saw and asked why we didn't all try to get together. That was the inspiration for the NJ Knife Collectors Association, and we meet once a month for lunch, show & tell, milling around, bring the wife & kids ...

Try it, you'll like it! But, right -- you need people to fill in locations so someone knows who to email to get the ball rolling.

Rat Finkenstein said:
I am willing to bet I am the only person from my town and general area on the forums.

Well I know I'm not. Sometimes I think I can smell Ren.....:barf: ;)

Rat Finkenstein said:
I am willing to bet I am the only person from my town and general area on the forums.

korbiaka said:
Well I know I'm not. Sometimes I think I can smell Ren.....

You're both lucky. I've got Collucci living just up the road.
(( :D ... ducking ... :D ))​

Rat Finkenstein said:

That's because nobody else lives up there; that is except snow-mosquitoes. :D

Good idea!! I would really like to know if there are other knife-knots around my home town. To get together and share knifes handling and it is sure a lot cheaper to buy in bulk from the US!

Count me in, and if necessary I will fill in my specific location

Dan Gray said:
if I don't get back here it's because I'm not getting e-mails to new posts
Dan, go to User CP, click on Edit Options on the left, and check about 1/3 of the way down the page for Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Esav Benyamin said:
Dan, go to User CP, click on Edit Options on the left, and check about 1/3 of the way down the page for Default Thread Subscription Mode.

thanks but I've had the right one checked now to receive email for about 5 years and it's been ok up untill this last week..
spark is having some problems with this I guess ..

see here
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411141
I thank you much though :thumbup: :)

It was started by a knifemaker I believe, but it's for anyone at BFC that wants to be on it.

Mike Hull said:
It was started by a knifemaker I believe, but it's for anyone at BFC that wants to be on it.
thanks mike, yes it's what I believed :thumbup: I think I have the link in the sticky on shop talk too:confused:

Back