Why Shobu Zukuri?

I knew about the two battles with the Mongols, but nothing about the replacement sword. Immediately, I started looking for a current release of the sword. Was looking for an item shorter than my katana or wakazashis. I have two handed knife with an over all curvature running through the blade that I commissioned about 30 years ago from Barry Dawson. Still wanted a shorter knife and knew I would have to settle for one handed handle and not enough curvature. So, I had a Cold Steel Recon tanto come in today.

You guys have too much fun in here. First the end of the world thread, now impressive japanese sword lore.

It's almost inspiring me to take up some form of martial art.

However, truth be told, my heart condition means no matter what my only prayer in any kind of fight would be getting to a gun as fast as possible.

That's why they were invented. They made it possible to compete in combat without a lifetime of training.

That's why they were invented. They made it possible to compete in combat without a lifetime of training.
The exception is learning the basic concept of movement called "shooting" in san soo which is a movement past the aggressor without striking or being struck while protecting your head. The movement is completely unexpected by an aggressor. No grappling.

Back