Wild Goo #9A and #9B in the works

Tai Goo

BANNED
Here's some in progress shots of a pair of matching bowie's Chuck Burrows (AKA Wild Rose) and I are working on. The blades are 1065, fittings bronze and handles stag. We're planning to use the remainder of the antlers for stands.

Yours truly forged the blades, did the heat treating, forged and fit the guard blanks, and rolled out the bronze for the ferrule and butt cap. Chuck is “handling” the rest,… matching handles, sheaths and stands.

wild-goo-009-01.jpg

wild-goo-009-04.jpg

wild-goo-009-05.jpg

wild-goo-009-06.jpg

wild-goo-009-08.jpg

Wow! Multiple Tai knives together. Ummmm.......would that make it a Goo-Goo Cluster?:D Yeah, yeah, I know......don't quit my day job:p Very nice work, sir:thumbup:

Tai... can't wait to see this one in person. the lines in space bowie was awesome
:thumbup: claude

Between my never ending back problems and the heat (100F at 6500' ASL is hot!!!! - even if it's a dry heat...) I'm slow going, but here's some quick pics of 9B in a couple of different positions on the display stand. My catzenjammer kidz started going nutz so I had to stop for tonight But I'll take some more tomorrow on a lighter background for a better view of the stand...........

wild-goo-009-09.jpg

wild-goo-009-10.jpg

The sheath will be done soon - then I just have fit up the other blade and and make everything to match! I'll be seeing double............:D

And by the way - considering where Tai and I live - these are definitely South West Bowies....;)

These are awesome to me. Can not wait to see them dressed up. :D.

Here's the stand all alone......
wild-goo-009-11.jpg

Here it is with the sheath and displayed in various ways
wild-goo-009-12.jpg

wild-goo-009-13.jpg

wild-goo-009-14.jpg

wild-goo-009-15.jpg

Now onto it's twin brother #9A..:D

Very nice! Great work Tai and Chuck! :thumbup:

Here's pics of both knives and sheaths - the other stand is in the works and will get finished up tomorrow.......

WildGoo-009_Knife_Sheath_1.jpg

WildGoo-009_Knife_Sheath_2.jpg

WildGoo-009_Knife_Sheath_3.jpg

Outstanding work! Congrats to all involved. Knives and sheaths are brilliantly conceived an executed. A most impressive pair.

Roger

oh my god.....i can't believe my goo's are done....roger...that is the set of knives i was telling you about briefly......tai and chuck definately do great work!......ryan

Back