Wild Rose

fitzo

Gold Member
I watch vids during a minor medical procedure each afternoon. Though I had passed it over a number of times, I grabbed the CenterCross video of Chuck Burrows teaching sheath making and spun it today.

Brought a tear to my eye to see Chuck. Much like with the old irascible biker Indian George, Chuck and I spent hours on the phone chatting back in the day. I look at a little chunk of wrought on my bench every day that was the tag end from a pipe bowl I lathed out for Chuck for a pipe tomahawk. And then I dropped off the face of the earth with my health, only to eventually find out years later not only he but Linda passed, too.

So, years late, I say rest in peace, Chuck and Linda, and thanks for the friendship. I think of you every time I go to the leather bench and see that biga$$ hammer you sent Nanc.

Sorry if this is inappropriate to some, but I thought some of the other old timers might enjoy thinking of him for a moment, too.

It's my old Paltalk buds I miss the most - Steve Pryor, Ken Beatty, Mike Hull, IG, Bowie...

And, you are so correct, Stacy. The list just keeps getting longer.

Ken, the first name comes to mind when you mention "super seniors" is MTBob. Guy amazes me.

I'm subscribed to the "Deceased Makers" thread. I hate that thread every time I get a notification.

Though it is written, ~Valar Morghulis~, and we know it is true, still we grieve. As we should. RIP, old friends.

Ditto about Chuck. Have some great stuff that he & Linda did for me - a ceremonial pipe hawk, a cool rifleman's knife and sheath, collaboration items he did with other makers etc. Rode my motorcycle down to Durango from Denver more than once to his place on a hill above the river to pick up finished items, check out what was happening in his shop and browse his incredible library of books and resources from which he soaked up a world of knowledge! Quite a guy!

Back