Wildlife Photography

Kal-El, what camera did you use to capture the Dragonfly?

Sorry for the late reply. I just came across your question.
Believe it or not, I took the pics on my iPhone 6. I can't wait to get the 7. Its camera is even better.

Here's a few from my 'Bucket from years past.

Great-Horned Owl that was sleeping in a tree in the backyard before sundown. :cool: Started waking up just before dusk, then started talking once the sun set. Pics taken through the spotting scope.

Redtail Hawk higher up in the same tree.

Last edited:
Cooper's Hawk munching on another bird (a Dove, I think) in the Maple tree.

This little guy fell out of his nest, and liked my shoe...

be careful out in the woods during hunting season

008.jpg

A few from the trip to Florida in 2012. I want to go back to the same place with the camera and lenses I have now.

DSC_1698.jpg

DSC_1591.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_2035.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0085_1.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_2074b.jpg

DSC_1668.jpg

DSC_1697.jpg

Great photos Brian.....you're making me home sick ;)

Thanks Peter, I thought I picked out enough of the right ones to evoke memories of Florida for anyone who had spent time out and about down there...though I should have posted some of the Anoles :)

Thanks Peter, I thought I picked out enough of the right ones to evoke memories of Florida for anyone who had spent time out and about down there...though I should have posted some of the Anoles :)

You mean these horny guys ?

Anole%20Lizard%20Carolina%20Anole%20Florida%203_zpshdndzdpj.jpg~original

Last edited:
You mean these horny guys ?

Anole%20Lizard%20Carolina%20Anole%20Florida%203_zpshdndzdpj.jpg

Yep, those guys. Alayna got a kick out of them out on Egmont key when I took her to show her what a lighthouse was and why we have them. Those, the tortoise, and the BIG water :)

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_2557.jpg

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0871.jpg

There were lots of the green dragonflies

DSC_0452.jpg

I liked playing with the tree frogs

DSC_2694.jpg

But I do NOT miss the fire ants :)

DSC_2559.jpg

Great pics Spyderphreak, Brian and Peter!!!

Thanks Todd :)

My wife and I headed to Wyoming and one of the stops was Terry Bison Ranch. A 27,000 acre ranch that's the second largest bison ranch in the country. They have a train you ride on to go out onto the ranch to see the animals and actually get to feed some bison. I put some video on Instagram of me feeding one. And they have camels. Pretty fun day.

Back