Will, sombody, help!! Dominator Problems

OK, you guys are making me feel special. Am I the only guy who has had bad CS from Camillus and then got anything but a perfect knife back!!!!! I have seen the posts….. You bought your Dominator, it had the same problems that mine has, and you send yours back. It is returned in a reasonable amount of time and it is perfect. What am I doing wrong? Will, can you tell me?

OK, you can check my past post. I bought a Dominator at a local gun shop. Noticed that the blade was way off-center and it didn't always open when the Robo "flipper" was flipped. When the blade was deployed it was so loose that it rattled when shook horizontally or vertically. Sent it back to Camillus, over 2 months (that is over 8 weeks) later I got the knife back. Actually, it appears to be a different knife, but not totally sure about that. The blade is centered and I think with practice the Robo will actually deploy the blade with regularity. This dependability is achieved by adjusting the blade to be loose when deployed. Again, when deployed it rattles. I mean you can hear it when you shake it in either direction.

It appears that the locking scale does not have enough inward movement to fully engage the blade. I can manually push the locking scale inward and fully lock the blade. This is the same situation as with the first knife….. It is possible that I have the original knife that I bought with new washers installed by Camillus. If that is the case, then the original problem, the ‘not locking scale’ was simply not addressed. That might be fixable.

I would really love to get this knife working right or know that it is simply not possible. I find the latter hard to believe since so many of you who bought defective Dominators, and now have great ones. Again, I seem to be the unique example.

Will, or anyone else with thoughts on the subject, please e-mail me at dallen@hybrizyme.com

DGA

I left out this part.... If anyone is in the Raleigh NC area.
...I bought the knife at Davi's Guns. I went back to them for help and they told me that they knew the knife had "design defects" when they sold it to me. It went down hill from there. If you are interested in the whole story, email me at the address in the previous post.

Will, if they are directly selling for you, maybe you should know how they reacted.

DGA

1911acp,
We would love to talk to you regarding your knife. Unfortunately, I can't look up any files marked "1911acp". Could you email me ....

willfennell@camillusknives.com

...with a telephone number I could contact you at?

I will be glad to help get this straightened out. Thanks for being a customer!

I have been going through the same ordeal. I bought one in the summer. It loosened up right away. I returned it and got another knife back. This one appeared to be used, didn't come with a pouch and had the off centered blade, rubbing the scale. It also had polish marks high up on the blade. Camillus had UPS pick it up on the 12 or 13 of December. They promised a new knife.
Well, I waited and waited, sent e-mails which were ignored. I called last week. CS promised a new knife would be sent out. But they didn't send me the tracking number so who really knows. I just want this knife so I can sell it at loss and be done with it.

Back