Will there be a CG Vexillarius ?

The Vexillarius looks like one of the most handy blades to come out of the Swamp, does anyone know if there will be a release of them in CG form ?

The word I heard at the show is that there won't be a release of them in ANY form - I was told they were a show special, and there were no intentions of producing any more of them.

The word I heard at the show is that there won't be a release of them in ANY form - I was told they were a show special, and there were no intentions of producing any more of them.

That's sad to hear but I have heard the Busse group say such things before and then 3 months down the road bring them out with coated blades or different handles......just have to keep our fingers crossed !!!!;):thumbup:

I agree, more of the vex would be very nice. They are sweet little EDC slicers :thumbup:

Full convex zero edge on a hundred dollar knife?? You can't go wrong.

From what the Crew was saying at Blade these were "show-only" with no plans for a production run right now.

That vex is soooooweeeeeeeeet! I wonder how the D2 will hold up vs. sr101... ?

My guess...
- for slicing, better
- for prying, worse.

The Vex is a slicer all the way.

I would like to see a vex variation where the blade is another half inch lower with respect to the handle. That would make a brilliant little kitchen slicer. As it stands now, you can't get the full length of the blade onto a cutting board, but with a little bit deeper blade, it would be sweet.

There are a good # of them (well, within reason) on the XC for cheap $. $99 at the show and people aren't getting a TON over that. If you want one, best to jump soon.

I'd consider one, but it's ONE MORE EDC-size blade. I just got the SAR4LE. And a Marbles Ideal. And considering a Dozier skinner. How many hunting blades can a guy own who doesn't have time to go hunting? LOL

That vex is soooooweeeeeeeeet! I wonder how the D2 will hold up vs. sr101... ?

I heard that a D2 Vex blade edge was hammered into an anvil without significant damage to test the heat treatment.

I heard that a D2 Vex blade edge was hammered into an anvil without significant damage to test the heat treatment.

Wow... I'd expect no less from a swamp rat. I know that D2 in longer blades doesn't tolerate lateral force very well, but when treated properly, it seems to hold a very good edge.

being a 4" blade of relatively thin stock I think this one would make a fine hunting knife. Like Dennis, I have way too many hunting knives but it sure makes the gutting and skinning more fun when you are trying out a new 'toy'. ;)

Hopefully they have some in the Ganzaa, this is another blade that i badly want to give a shot as it looks very simple but useful in a great steel.

Hopefully they have some in the Ganzaa, this is another blade that i badly want to give a shot as it looks very simple but useful in a great steel.
It was my understanding that any left after Blade would be sold in the Ganza but I could be wrong.

There are some at very reasonable prices on the exchange, but they're going fast. I decided not to wait, Ganzaa's are risky.

Middle knife in this pic. In "new school" green linen micarta.

3576901581_64cbae3ee3.jpg

Short runs often see any leftovers, if any, in a Ganza, Hammy's sack at a 1500 or Knob Creek.

That's the beauty of the 1500 and Knob Creek. It's not unusual to find something from a short run or previous CG that was a leftover or cancelled order. Kinda like an Easter egg hunt! ;)

I've had a Bog Dog in D2. Still have both a Custom Dog Skinner and a original DS. Great blades! The D2 steel/treat is one of my favorites for a slicer!

These would be sweet in cg. They should be released, they would sell like crazy.

They are already so cheap in satin, why bother with cg?? I just wish I had been able to snag the orange/black. I just have to settle for the new school green linen. ;)

Back