will there be smaller kris voyagers

also if you guys made a 4 inch kris ti-lite in titanium, i could finally have something similar to the knife castor troy gave travoltas daughter in face off, even though that was a butterfly knife
84061a3b9f7d980d-600x338.jpg

I'm always dismayed when someone asks CS to make a smaller version of a knife. As the only maker of XL folders Cold Steel should always be encouraged to keep making them. I should be getting my kris T-lite with a six inch blade in the next day or two. I think it will be my 15th XL CS folder.

I'm always dismayed when someone asks CS to make a smaller version of a knife. As the only maker of XL folders Cold Steel should always be encouraged to keep making them. I should be getting my kris T-lite with a six inch blade in the next day or two. I think it will be my 15th XL CS folder.

Asking them to make smaller versions of something doesn't mean they're being discouraged from making the XLs...they aren't mutually exclusive. Not everyone wants to own/carry folding swords, not to mention local legal restrictions.

Every Single Thread about making smaller version of a knife you have to jump in to voice your displeasure. If people asking for smaller knives(more like normal sized knives) is causing you emotional distress, then imo you have a bigger issue XL knives can’t solve for you.

like the poster above mentioned, asking for a smaller version of an EXISTING XL knife doesn’t stop you from getting/enjoying the current XL model.

Reactions: AF
I suppose I should feel chastened by the two posts above but ... I don't. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of manufacturers churning out small folders so why not turn to them instead of bugging the only maker of XL
folders to make more unneeded small knives. [ I'm not sure what instagves "bigger issues" are but I'm guessing he's simply a little weenie who can't handle a large knife.]

I suppose I should feel chastened by the two posts above but ... I don't. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of manufacturers churning out small folders so why not turn to them instead of bugging the only maker of XL
folders to make more unneeded small knives. [ I'm not sure what instagves "bigger issues" are but I'm guessing he's simply a little weenie who can't handle a large knife.]

So I should hope another maker will offer a smaller AD-15?:rolleyes:. Or we should just switch to some other type of lock that we may not like?:rolleyes:

Why do you seem to feel that it has to be one or the other? Why can't they do both? No one is saying you can't have your XL knives...knock yourself out. But there's nothing wrong with others wanting smaller ones. FFS

hmm, the kris is primarily a stabbing thingy.
no matter how impractical it sounds to pocket , but please sir,
can i have something far longer ?
only then would it be possible to have
my very own "this is a knife" moment :)

This, right here, is what gives CS some of the bad reps they got in the industry.
The “4 inches blade folder is too inadequate for my little weenie and big ego i need to compensate with 6 inches blade” type. I’m truly sorry to hear that you need an XL folder to show you have a large enough weenie to handle a knife.
Anyway i hope that’s enough personal attacks on this thread unless you still wanna validate your manliness by making more attacks. If you don’t like the thread about smaller version of XL knives, move on. Perhaps create a thread “please make more XL folder!!!!” so you can enjoy not getting your feelings hurts there.
BTW just because it’s not 6” blade doesn’t mean it’s a “small” knife. We are talking about normal sized knife here. No one is asking for a tuff lite with a Kris blade here.

Last edited:
So I should hope another maker will offer a smaller AD-15?:rolleyes:. Or we should just switch to some other type of lock that we may not like?:rolleyes:

Why do you seem to feel that it has to be one or the other? Why can't they do both? No one is saying you can't have your XL knives...knock yourself out. But there's nothing wrong with others wanting smaller ones. FFS

Yeah I agree, many people buy CS for other reasons. Triad/scorpion lock, quality material for the price, the designs etc. It’ll be a sad day when the XL blade is the only reason left to buy cold steel.

This, right here, is what gives CS some of the bad reps they got in the industry.
The “4 inches blade folder is too inadequate for my little weenie and big ego i need to compensate with 6 inches blade” type. I’m truly sorry to hear that you need an XL folder to show you have a large enough weenie to handle a knife.
Anyway i hope that’s enough personal attacks on this thread unless you still wanna validate your manliness by making more attacks. If you don’t like the thread about smaller version of XL knives, move on. Perhaps create a thread “please make more XL folder!!!!” so you can enjoy not getting your feelings hurts there.
BTW just because it’s not 6” blade doesn’t mean it’s a “small” knife. We are talking about normal sized knife here. No one is asking for a tuff lite with a Kris blade here.

I would buy a Tuff Lite with a Kris blade.

I'm not sure Cold Steel would exist if all they made were XL folders. Seems odd to worry about requests and acclaim for smaller folders when they help the bottom line. XL folders are not under threat, just listen to Lynn's enthusiasm for them. XL folders are in Cold Steel's DNA. There's capacity for a full product line. No need to try to undermine interest in smaller knives made by Cold Steel.

If CS made a 4" ti-lite kris in zytel,it is sure to be a hit but it to be seen.For those meaning a smaller folder as a sub 3" knife,you're most likely to be out of luck.

Not sure what's going on in here but to answer the question, we haven't discussed it but I will definitely do so.

Back