Williams Osoraku Zukuri Folder

fq55

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Is there any information available on this knife? Will it be a regular production item?
Specs?

This has me very excited and it a nice surprise. I will be getting one as soon as they are available.

73140AB5-7EEB-4789-B2FA-1A6A87728A0A.jpeg

wondering if anyone has more info on this beauty? This definitely grabbed me by the eye.

Russ

Not sure why there isn’t more interest but I just hope it’s not too expensive. This is very high on my priority list.

One more pic:

D30C6139-D8B9-4555-9FDE-8BA78852E052.jpeg

Not sure why there isn’t more interest but I just hope it’s not too expensive. This is very high on my priority list.

One more pic:

View attachment 953053

Absolutely beautiful! I assume Lionsteel is making it? Are there any pictures of the lockside? Looks like it is a framelock.

Thanks for exposing me to another knife I didn’t know about 2 minutes ago but now can’t live without.

Yep with a matching machined pattern. It also looks like it had a thinner and flat profile.

5809AF07-E804-458E-8575-8B77D80FEEBF.jpeg

Has anyone got their hands on one of these yet and can post up theirs impressions?

Can't help with the folder but I got one of the fixed blades and it is fantastic. Mid-tech level fit and finish, brilliant design, and the sheath is kydex with a felt lining inside to protect the finish. I'm sure that the folder is top shelf quality as well.

I own a Williams fixed blade as well but can’t find any reviews on this folder anywhere. Well, I found two very bad reviews on YouTube but nothing note worthy.

Not sure what information folks are looking for. There's a lot of photos on the Williams Blade Design instagram and in this thread. In person, it looks like that and is well made - good action, solid lock up. The only thing that might not be obvious is that the jimping can abrade you finger a little bit when you use the flipper. But that jimping has a use in a forward grip, so I'd rather have it than not.

I've also got the OZK fixed blade, and it's a great design. The handle is minimalist so, in either forward or reverse grip, it disappears into your hand and you're not presenting anything to the world except cutting edge. Compared to the Simonich Urban Raven in the picture here, you'll see there's more blade and less handle. The 2nd picture shows the only imperfection - the OZK is around 3/8" shorter in overall length than the Raven, but in the sheath, the total length is around 1/4" longer, which means the sheath on the OZK is at least 1/2" longer than it needs to be. Not a big issue, but it stands out on a knife that is trying to deliver the most nastiness with the smallest possible footprint.
48333178227_2c5d055176_c.jpg

48333040201_4d6b4033c0_c.jpg

Last edited:
BladeHQ has them as well. I believe BHQ is the only other site to buy Williams Blades runs, at least these and the Winkler made versions.

(I posted this in the wrong thread so I'm pasting it here.)

I believe I just received the last OZF from Williams' site.

I took it apart and the knife is well made, the blade is ground beautifully, the pockets for the IKBS and the pivot system is nice. There are lightening holes in the single piece carbon fiber front scale as well as in the titanium. The machining on the steel lock bar insert is very nice as well as the screws and the way the pocket clip attaches. The knife runs very smoothly and is beautifully ground with a fantastic edge and tip. It is a large knife while being light weight and balanced. The machining on the spine of the blade is very nice. This knife has a longer blade than the Emerson kwaiken and is much lighter in the handle. It only arrived today so I have not cut with it much yet but short of verifying edge holding capability this is a fantastic knife.

Back