1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Williams Osoraku Zukuri Folder

Discussion in 'LionSteel knives' started by fq55, Jun 21, 2018.

1. fq55

fq55 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Is there any information available on this knife? Will it be a regular production item?
    Specs?

This has me very excited and it a nice surprise. I will be getting one as soon as they are available.

73140AB5-7EEB-4789-B2FA-1A6A87728A0A.jpeg

knoefz likes this.
  2. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    Looking good...

Russ

3. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    wondering if anyone has more info on this beauty? This definitely grabbed me by the eye.

Russ

4. fq55

Feb 27, 1999
    Not sure why there isn’t more interest but I just hope it’s not too expensive. This is very high on my priority list.

One more pic:

D30C6139-D8B9-4555-9FDE-8BA78852E052.jpeg

5. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Absolutely beautiful! I assume Lionsteel is making it? Are there any pictures of the lockside? Looks like it is a framelock.

Thanks for exposing me to another knife I didn’t know about 2 minutes ago but now can’t live without.

6. fq55

Feb 27, 1999
    Yep with a matching machined pattern. It also looks like it had a thinner and flat profile.

5809AF07-E804-458E-8575-8B77D80FEEBF.jpeg

knoefz likes this.
  7. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    That looks slick, thanks for the pictures.

Russ

8. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Ooo, I like it. Finally his designs will get the quality fit and finish they deserve.

9. Call_me_Tom

Call_me_Tom

May 18, 2019
    Has anyone got their hands on one of these yet and can post up theirs impressions?

10. MatthewSB

MatthewSB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Can't help with the folder but I got one of the fixed blades and it is fantastic. Mid-tech level fit and finish, brilliant design, and the sheath is kydex with a felt lining inside to protect the finish. I'm sure that the folder is top shelf quality as well.

11. Call_me_Tom

Call_me_Tom

May 18, 2019
    I own a Williams fixed blade as well but can’t find any reviews on this folder anywhere. Well, I found two very bad reviews on YouTube but nothing note worthy.

12. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    I was pretty excited about this................ A year ago.....

Russ

13. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Not sure what information folks are looking for. There's a lot of photos on the Williams Blade Design instagram and in this thread. In person, it looks like that and is well made - good action, solid lock up. The only thing that might not be obvious is that the jimping can abrade you finger a little bit when you use the flipper. But that jimping has a use in a forward grip, so I'd rather have it than not.

I've also got the OZK fixed blade, and it's a great design. The handle is minimalist so, in either forward or reverse grip, it disappears into your hand and you're not presenting anything to the world except cutting edge. Compared to the Simonich Urban Raven in the picture here, you'll see there's more blade and less handle. The 2nd picture shows the only imperfection - the OZK is around 3/8" shorter in overall length than the Raven, but in the sheath, the total length is around 1/4" longer, which means the sheath on the OZK is at least 1/2" longer than it needs to be. Not a big issue, but it stands out on a knife that is trying to deliver the most nastiness with the smallest possible footprint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019 at 5:32 PM