Wilson Combat Sebenza 25 (Non Starbenza)

Hello. I own and love my 2 Umnumzaans, as well as previously owning a couple of Sebenza 21s. I recently came across a chance to pick up a Wilson Combat Sebenza 25 at a great price. I have no first-hand experience with the 25, and wanted to ask the super-knowledgeable members here, three questions. First, it's a Wilson Combat 25, but not a Starbenza, with a birthdate of 6/19/14. Has Wilson Combat ever offered a non-Starbenza version? I looked at the current page, and a Starbenza is the only one currently listed. The owner said that his was a first edition, which did not have the distinctive Starbenza pattern. Secondly, since it's not a Starbenza, what would be the benefit of getting the Wilson Combat version (as opposed to CRK) other than the engraving and the great price. Finally what do those of you who are kind enough to respond, think of the 25? I may lose out, because someone else might grab it, but that's the chance I'm willing to take. Thank you.

The first WC 25's only had the WC logo on the knife, no star pattern. I think about 6-8 months later, the star pattern was offered on the 25. I personally did not care for the WC logo on a 25.
I love the 25, have several of them. It does not have the bushing system, the pivot can be adjusted a little looser if you so choose. The blade on the 25 is a little thicker, the hollow grind is not as deep.
IMO, there is no benefit in getting a WC 25 without the star pattern, that what makes the WC edition what it is.

There were two versions of the Wilson Sebenza 25 with the second one below being the current Star-Benza 25.

wtk-sebenza25-001.jpg

WTK-STAR-BENZA-25-002.jpg

Thank you both for the solid information. I do agree and feel that the engraving without the Starburst takes away from my desire to get the one being offered, despite the great price. I do love the bigger pivot (then on the 21), as well as the double scallop. Thanks again.

Thanks for the pic and the information. Having arrived to CRK a little late, I wasn't aware of those myself. I think I'd have to agree that I prefer my small Starbenza over the plainer version, although I'm sure it's a nice knife. I do wish they'd offer the Starbenza with the Insingo blade.

If it were at a really nice price, I'd still be tempted to snag it since it's not a real common one. That's just me though and I've absolutely no will power at all. Probably on the negative side of the dial. Lol.

Back