Wind River Knives-Dubois, Wyoming

Anyone know anything about Wind River Knives? The scrimshaw is signed and dated 1995, although it's an "artsy" type signature and I have no idea who did the work. Any thoughts on the inlay material? It looks to be either bone or some type of fossil ivory.

Hi..Although a little late in your reply. WRK in Dubois was owned by Justin Bridges. Justin fell off the planet in the mid 90's. Last I heard he was the head Maid at a motel in New Mexico. Allot of people looking for him. He and I were friends for many, many years which ended in the mid-90's as well. LONG story.

To address your request. He had all of his scrimshaw work done by a man in Riverton, WY. Justin did not do scrimshaw work himself. I think the man was John Finley.

Although this is late, hope this helps.

MG

Hi..Although a little late in your reply. WRK in Dubois was owned by Justin Bridges. Justin fell off the planet in the mid 90's. Last I heard he was the head Maid at a motel in New Mexico. Allot of people looking for him. He and I were friends for many, many years which ended in the mid-90's as well. LONG story.

To address your request. He had all of his scrimshaw work done by a man in Riverton, WY. Justin did not do scrimshaw work himself. I think the man was John Finley.

Although this is late, hope this helps.

MG
My name is Greg haworth last saw justin bridges when he moved to Texas in 2006. He gave me a mini pocketknife made of woolly mammoth tusk any thoughts on its value

Någon som vet något om Wind River Knives? Scrimshaw är signerad och daterad 1995, även om det är en "konstnärlig" signatur och jag har ingen aning om vem som gjorde arbetet. Några tankar om inläggsmaterialet? Det ser ut att vara antingen ben eller någon typ av fossilt elfenben.
Hi, I met the knife maker Justin Bridges in Dubois in -94. Visiting his workshop and saw how he worked. Somewhere I had a pictures of him, with a knife I later buy. He serves 3 tours in Vietnam with Special forcera, said the knifes the had where bad, that was ond reason he starten to make knifes. The workshop where located in old houses, the time from order inte, for derivering wire up to a year. Hope the info gives some of interest. I was Visiting from Sweden.

Hej, jag träffade knivmakaren Justin Bridges i Dubois -94. Besökte hans verkstad och såg hur han arbetade. Någonstans hade jag bilder på honom, med en kniv jag senare köper. Han serverar 3 turer i Vietnam med Special forcera, sa att knivarna var dåliga, det var en enda anledning till att han började tillverka knivar. Verkstaden var placerad i gamla hus, tiden från beställning inte, för härledning av tråd upp till ett år. Hoppas infon ger något av intresse. Jag var på besök från Sverige. John Finley 99% he made the decoration. Had mer him too, still aktive, www. Westernartistjohnpfinley.com

Back