Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

I was informed I was right from the beginning, you are a TROLL and have been banned several times and yet again, Der Verm.

I was informed I was right from the beginning, you are a TROLL and have been banned several times and yet again, Der Verm.
Chill pills for all!

Some like to banter, some do not, some post short, some long. All human, just different permutations!;):cool:

Agreed!! I retired at 46 with no taxes only S.S. beat That!! A few more years it will be 20 years. I had to be shot for this to happen which I would rather not have happened.

Last edited:
bucksway bucksway Yep. 800 sounds about right.
If memory serves, it took just a few hours for them to sell out. (less than 24 hours, at any rate)
I do like mine. :)

More unusual handle textures on the LT's would be nice. Especially if combined with blades of say 5160, D2, CPM154, or even "plain ol' 1095 or 440C" for a small (if any) premium for the special blade steel.

It would be a nice subset to collect too..It's only in the last few years that I have become interested in the premium steels as far as using and not just collecting. The two Slims I started using in S30V and S35VN and especially S35VN made a impression on me. But it was/is the possibilites of design and textures of moulded handles like this 'Racer' 110 LT I find really intriguing. Just sitting here with my coffee this morning I can think of dozens of ideas..How about game animals or wildlife? Dinosaurs yes! Famous quotes or Bible verses, historical figures, generals or wepons..Buck could take inspiration from the gold etch knives. The list is endless! But since close to a thousand were snapped up in a day if the cost was reasonable I think if well done it could be a home run for Buck. The 110 is a great canvas for Buck to use for LE's and advertising. I'm surprised a major American car manufacturer (Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet) has not commissioned one. A Corvette or Mustang series of LT's seams such a natural..

Agree. A 110LT with a Rabbit, Deer, Elk or Moose herd … or a dray of squirrels … with a carbon steel blade, so you can get a patina from field dressing some of them critters. I'd buy one. :)

Last edited:
OK, my 110's.

110_s-1271317.jpg

Do the LT's still qualify as a "Heavy Weight" Champion?
Since they a heavy weight performer, just like the Brass /Nickle Silver and Wood/Other, as shown in post 557, (Nice collection, U uglytrucknut ) I think they should still be "Heavy Weight Champions", even if they are in the welter weight division?

Last edited:
Always wanted a 110 but didn't want to spend the $60 for a new one. (I don't own a knife that cost more than $40) But, I found one new old stock from 2007 at a fleamarket for $20 with the sheath. No box though, it came in a sandwich bag.

Back