Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

This reminds me that it's been over two months since I acquired a Buck 110. UNACCEPTABLE!
I empathize with this.

Picture to stay on topic:

IMG-20210911-180013133-HDR-3.jpg

Christmas was my 11-month-old great nephew's first among us! Naturally, Uncle Rhino had to give the best Christmas present: a Buck 110 manufactured in 2021, his birth year. I don't think he can use it quite yet, but his parents will have it ready for him.

When his mother (my nephew's wife) opened it, she was very happy. Later in the day's conversations, she mentioned that she had a compound bow, which surprised me. So I tested the waters by asking whether it was for target shooting or hunting or both. She replied that she had been hunting with it once and wants to go in the future and kill her own meat. WOW! Then I followed with, "So what kind of cutlery do have for hunting stuff?" She said she had none! Fortunately for her, Uncle Rhino had another Buck 110 new in the box ready for just such an emergency. I was so excited, I gave her a Victorinox Huntsman to complete her kit. She was very happy!

Then I noticed my nephew had that, "I sure wish I got an SAK too," look on his face, but he said nothing. Fortunately for him, Uncle Rhino had another new Huntsman new in box for just such an emergency.

(Uncle Rhino learned about preparing for emergencies by watching Foghorn Leghorn cartoons. When his feathers were blown from his body by a bomb, he noted that he, I say, I say, boy-ah, he kept his feathahs numbahed for just, for just such an emergency).

So two more Buck 110s were released into the wild over the weekend. One new owner is very happy. The other will be very happy in a few years. The former owner is even more happy!

Hello all, hoping this is an appropriate place to post, just joined the forum moments ago.

I recently purchased a couple buck 110s on ebay with plans to gift one of them. I had never purchased a knife before and knew little more than that the 110 has a reputation as a classic, quality knife, maybe thats understating its importance.

Anyway, I noticed a couple things with one of the knives when they arrived. My question is: are these sort of defects (are they considered defects?) normal for a used buck 110? If not, do you think I have a case for requesting refund from seller. Thanks in advance for your time:

pic 1 - wide shot
pic 2 - wood separating
pic 3 - knife point not fully recessed

Honestly, the knife point not fully recessing into the handle is my main concern. I really would not want to gift a knife if this was considered a significant flaw.

Below is the sellers description of the two knives:

2 Buck 110 Folding Knives With Sheaths Made In USA. A couple of nice buck knives, and sheaths…in great condition … very nice … no damage or cracks or broken parts… nice knives and sheaths, sheaths are new, see pictures for more details as they are part of description

Hello all, hoping this is an appropriate place to post, just joined the forum moments ago.

I recently purchased a couple buck 110s on ebay with plans to gift one of them. I had never purchased a knife before and knew little more than that the 110 has a reputation as a classic, quality knife, maybe thats understating its importance.

Anyway, I noticed a couple things with one of the knives when they arrived. My question is: are these sort of defects (are they considered defects?) normal for a used buck 110? If not, do you think I have a case for requesting refund from seller. Thanks in advance for your time:

pic 1 - wide shot
pic 2 - wood separating

Honestly, the knife point not fully recessing into the handle is my main concern. I really would not want to gift a knife if this was considered a significant flaw.

2 Buck 110 Folding Knives With Sheaths Made In USA. A couple of nice buck knives, and sheaths…in great condition … very nice … no damage or cracks or broken parts… nice knives and sheaths, sheaths are new, see pictures for more details as they are part of description
Ebay is a risky place to buy anything, as you have learned. Especially knives. I'd ask to return for a refund and then buy new from any of a myriad of sources.

pic 1 - wide shot
pic 2 - wood separating

Avoid ePrey.
I would return for refund at least the one in question. The point above the liners is not "normal".
Buck will fix it under warranty, of course. (presuming the tip wasn't broken and the blade tip re-profiled ... Is the blade 3.75 inches bolsters to tip when open? If not, I believe a re-blade is around $10.)

Back