* Winner is Scattershot * MR. KNIFE'S Never Ending Giveaway Round (Lucky?) XIII

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Gary W. Graley, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    And the winner is # 9

[​IMG]2020-01-20 17_10_03-GAW by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

9. @scattershot

I will PM you to get your address and will ship this out tomorrow for you.
    Thanks everyone for participating !
    G2

Ok folks, here goes! I received the box of folders from @r8shell and see that thread via this link here and I selected two folders and the small sharpening stone to hang onto;
    The Case emblem had fallen out on the Peanut so I whittled down a piece of walnut and fitted that into the area, nice ;)

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

The Rules:
    You say “I’m in” and you’re in. Please be a participating member of the forum in good standing. If you’re “in” I’ll add you to the list of “The Entrants” below. I'll draw a name using the Random Number Generator and the box gets shipped to the winner.
    That person will choose a few knives out of the box and replace them with knives from their own collection. And then that person will hold another Give-A-Way (GAW) and choose a new recipient to send the box to.

As before, I'm afraid this will need to limit the entries to USA members, since there are more knives than can fit in a small flat rate box, and customs could get complicated and expensive.

I added two folders, one an Opinel Slim and a Tina wharncliff, the Tina was sent to me by my friend Ken aka @harronek, I've enjoyed it for a while now, thanks again Ken! These are both nice folders.

Also I had a few wooden boxes left, these are hard to come by but the person that gets picked can keep these boxes as nice presentation/storage boxes so that is also a good addition to the pile. Just need to pack up the knives secure for the next go round if you keep the boxes.

Here's what the remainder looks like;

This one will be on the side of the wooden boxes as it has it's own little box

I had plans on keeping the Lambsfoot but it's pull is pretty strong and the nail nick plays havoc with my thumbnail :(

These boxes were made in Germany and carried electronic sensors that we use in the machines the company I work for makes, but now, they just ship them in layers of foam so can't get these any more.

I will pick a winner Monday Jan 20th and ship out on Tuesday, (changed the end date today as I found out that Monday is a holiday and the Post Offices are closed)

Good luck to all and thanks again for keeping this alive ;)

G2

"The List"

1. @chuck4570
    2. @CVamberbonehead
    3. @Norcaldude
    4. @JTB_5
    5. @Ernie1980
    6. @akguy59
    7. @JaxBaron
    8. @Wild Willie
    9. @scattershot
    10. @scrteened porch
    11. @mitch4ging
    12. @Nature Boy
    13. @BIGDORK
    14. @Stumpy72
    15. @AnW

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I’m in, and thanks for the opportunity. I’ve been in this since the start and hope it goes on for awhile.

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  3. CVamberbonehead

CVamberbonehead Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Im in again, I hope this keeps going for a long time.

4. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Not in.
    Thanks for keeping this going, and those are some very nice additions. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mitch4ging and Gary W. Graley like this.
  5. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Do we need to reenter if we are already on the list? I'm in if possible.

6. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Awesome additions Gary, and a fine fix on that peanut! Put my name down, please, I'd like to be "in".

7. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    yes folks, for THIS give away you need to post in this thread and I will add your name in the order you came into the thread.
    Also if you have recently won something, please let others get a chance.

And thanks, I wanted to put in a light piece of hard wood but did not have one, but that worked out nicely. I used a ball end dremel bit to cut along the inside area along the edge so the glue would spread out and not just be a straight shot down from the top, but will have an anchor along the sides of that area, at least that is the plan ;)
    G2

mrknife likes this.
  8. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Nice boxes! I am in, thank you

9. akguy59

akguy59

Aug 19, 2017
    Count me in Gary and thanks for the cool additions.

10. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    I’m in. Thanks

11. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I'd like to try again as well please, and thank you.

12. scattershot

scattershot

May 31, 2007
    I’m in, thanks for keeping this going.

13. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm in. Lots of tempting knives there, and very generous with the boxes.

mitch4ging likes this.
  14. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Not an entry, but I had to comment on @r8shell 's gorgeous scrimshaw...turned out great:thumbsup::D

Sharp & Fiery and Gary W. Graley like this.
  15. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you!

mitch4ging and WValtakis like this.
  16. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    and the torch passes!!!!

r8shell and Gary W. Graley like this.
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Not In
    The box is sweeeeet!!!
    Good luck to all that enter.
    Hoping somebody's patience pays off.

mitch4ging and Gary W. Graley like this.
  18. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Not in for this round, since there's still several of mine in there, but I'm happy to see it back up and rolling.

Good luck all!

19. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    OK, too good to pass up on this one! Beautiful boxes, Gary. Please count me in.

JohnDF and Gary W. Graley like this.
  20. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    About those boxes, there are 10 preformed slots in the soft foam and a solid layer of foam inside the lid. If you have a knife that doesn't quite fit into the slot, you can mark around the knife and then carefully carve out an area of foam to the knife can fit in perfectly. BUT as you can see, even if the knife doesn't fit, I can close the box and all the knives are kept safe and sound between the sections of foam.

G2