Wiper selection

I need to replace the wipers on my saturn.
what are the better brands of wipers these days?>
Winter here and we use them often to wash the salt off
the windshield.
Saw a commercial for Bosch Icon's???
Thanks

To relate this to WSS,I drive to
the trail head

I just use Anco wipers. I have tried the more expensive brands, but in my opinion, they don't do any better in cleaning the windshield. The Rain-X Latitude and the Valeo 900 series have the best ratings by most reviews. I still like basic Anco wipers the best and they are cheaper.

Replace them at least every year and every six months is even better.

What kind of Saturn? The low-profile beam-style blades like the Icons didn't work on my old SW2 because the windshield glass was too curved near the pillars. I used TripleEdge blades on the SW2.

On the other hand, the Icons work awesome on my Ion quad coupe. I went with 24" driver's side and 17" passenger side, which is slightly different from the O.E. 22"/19" but it gives me a better view.

thanks

its an older Vue
I just got it (got a good deal)
my first saturn,looks good so far.

I owned two Vues and never had any issues with either of them as the Honda engines and transmissions on the 2004-07 V6 models were rock-solid (hopefully you don't have one of the VTI models). Peppy little suckers too. And I always went with the cheap wipers as something about the windshield design made for poor contact no matter how good the wipers were.

I've worked w/ NAPA for @10 years now (after 20 years in dealership parts!). They came out with a "beam" type blade @5 years ago called the Innovision, now called the Neoform. I bought the first pair in our store for our Hyundai Elantra and ran them for 3+ years! I was living in St. George, Utah at the time (Las Vegas weather), daily driver and not garaged - the only reason I replaced them when I did was their was two 1/16" streaks that had started on the passenger side!
The beam type blades give you an even force on the whole surface of the blade and do away with all the moving pieces in a standard frame blade. And I still haven't heard of a better wiper than real rubber. Teflon coatings wear off and why do you want your blades slipping over your glass, anyway. Alot of inexpensive blades are not real rubber, and loose their effectiveness real quick.
Just my experience - hope it helps! Russ

I got soma Rain X wipers, they seem to hold up really well through the summer months. Around here that says a lot.

Whatever OEM Hyundai's are using---had the car 3 years now and the wipers are still going strong. I'll be buying the next set at the dealer.

In the desert, wipers are rarely used but break down in the heat. Whatever brand Costco sells, seems to work real well.

Anco Contours are nice and so are the Anco winter blades.

Don't buy the Rain-X ones, they're rebranded cheap Chinese stuff.

I don't know about that ... I've been using Rain X wipers on my 2002 Dodge 4x4 for 4 or 5 years now. We have a mix of weather here. Hot in summer, and cold and snow in the winter. I'm really fussy about wiper blades. If they even look like they are starting to think about streaking, I change them.

I ran one set for two years, and they were still working fine, but the rubber on one of the blades started tearing, so I changed them.

IIRC, Rain X blades were voted the best available, but I don't remember if it was Consumer Reports or someone else.

On the big truck that I drive, we use Napa solid winter blades. They work great and hold up well. Our trucks run about 750 miles each day, that includes two trips over the mountain passes. I change them at the start of winter, and can usually run them into the next summer

I've had Bosch, Rain-X and a few other $20+ sets....I went back to good old cheapo blades that I replace when they wear out. I never got better life out of the fancy ones.

Rain-X itself works great....if you keep up with it and keep it fresh every other month or so at least. Otherwise it will just gum up your windshield. I was too lazy so I quit using it.

Back