Wish list for Multitools

I was never a big fan of the Bucktool - but they did have one great idea - the little icons on the handles telling you where a particular tool is. Did any other tool have that?

I would be handy on my Gerber.

Any other things that would make your wish list?

I have read, the Gerber Diesel has those marks too.

Wish list?

Better metal saw or replaceable saw adapter like on the new LMs.

An opener for whine bottles (don´t know the exact word).

Pincette (?).

Blop said:
I have read, the Gerber Diesel has those marks too.

Wish list?

Better metal saw or replaceable saw adapter like on the new LMs.

An opener for whine bottles (don´t know the exact word).

Pincette (?).

Whine bottles ? :D

You need a corkscrew to open wine bottles. And most corkscrews don't last. The one on my brother's Victorinox (a real one) got used so many times, that it's a little bent.

Zwaplat said:
Whine bottles ? :D

You need a corkscrew to open wine bottles. And most corkscrews don't last. The one on my brother's Victorinox (a real one) got used so many times, that it's a little bent.

If his corkscrew got used that often, perhaps your bro might have got a little bent, as well?
:D

Give me slip-joint pliers and maybe an awl. I need the adjustable pliers for plumbing fixtures and the awl is always good for starting or punching a hole in stuff. :cool:

I like the Juice CS4 partly because it has a corkscrew (and assist). It's not something I need often, but it'd be wrong to go camping with a multitool and have to carry a separate corkscrew as well.

I don't trust the Vic corkscrews because they don't seem to have the "assist" - the little rod that drops down and wedges against the top of the bottle to give you something to pull against. I'm a wimp and I can't open wine bottles without that bit of leverage.

Brangdon said:
I like the Juice CS4 partly because it has a corkscrew (and assist). It's not something I need often, but it'd be wrong to go camping with a multitool and have to carry a separate corkscrew as well.

I don't trust the Vic corkscrews because they don't seem to have the "assist" - the little rod that drops down and wedges against the top of the bottle to give you something to pull against. I'm a wimp and I can't open wine bottles without that bit of leverage.

Just put that wretched bottle between your legs and pull, damnit :D .

Back