Wish list

Jarrett Fleming

I quit taking orders several months ago and don't have plans to reopen my books. I do this because it's what I love. It's awesome making knives for you guys! Orders were taking a lot of the enjoyment away for me. Having said that I know that some of you have particular models in mind with certain features and I might never happen to make that "perfect" knife if I don't know you want it. So this thread is for all of you to tell me what you're wanting to see come out of the shop.
You can be as vague or specific as you want. "I want to see more x models" or "I'd like a pocket pal in 3/32" CPM154, tapered tang, bog oak handles, black liners and white pinstripes."

I'll include knives from the wish list in my regular batches. If I make a knife you have requested I will try my best to notify you before I post it, but they will still be first come first serve.

EDC V2 that would be a match to my EDC from 1-23-18 sale. 3/32" CMP154 tapered in osage over natural liner/blue G10 pinstripe and matching lanyard bead.
A conciliator in some stunning Koa!

Lycosa, EDC V2, Harpy, Weebill, Trailmaster, Trailhand, Hunter, Conciliator, Osprey, Nocturnal: Any of those in osage, bog oak, bocote, wenge or other interesting and unique wood material w/ or w/o bolster.

Jarrett, going back through your offerings here on bladeforums and your instagram posts, in my opinion, your scale selections are some of the most amazing that I have ever seen from any knifemaker, period! Please continue that!!!

Sorry, that doesn't really nail it down, but honestly, with the exception of the Trailhand, Hunter, Conciliator, and Osprey, which I already have, all of those models listed above are on my personal wish list with those type of materials. Maybe this is not all that helpful to you, but just being honest and I think several on the forum here will agree with this. You make one hell of a knife and it is obvious that you love what you do.

Since my son swiped that last nesmuck I purchased from you I'd like to get another. Preferably with OD canvas micarta handles.

I missed out on the last sale because I was tied up with a family emergency. The evergreen (even if OD would have been my preference ) over natural/blue was VERY nice.

For handle materials/colors, truth be told, I often don’t know what I want until a maker presents it. Or, my preferences change (squirrel!)...

As far as patterns are concerned (I’m fairly new to JF knives), I really like the EDC V2 pattern in 3/32 CPM-154.

Woods are always nice. And OD over natural (no pinstripe) would also make a very fine combination. I’m liking bolsters too.

ETA: I would have to go over all of the models, but in terms of size my preferences are:
Handle: 4”+
Blade: 3”+
OAL: 7”- 8”
Stock: 3/32 for most, 1/8 okay for those on the longer end or that have more height in the blade (more room to taper down to be thin behind the edge)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it seems many of the pictures of the lineup aren’t loading.
Despite my stated preferences above, I do like the look of the small Weebill.

Also, regarding scale options - again, new to JF knives - I’m seeing lots of combinations that I haven’t seen by other makers. I don’t want to fall into the trap of applying things i’ve seen from other makers here and thereby miss out on what Jarrett comes up with - because they really look very special.

Generally, though, I like to stay within the size range stated earlier and lean towards taller, guardless blades with somewhat more hand-filling handles.

We’re lucky to have 3 Lycosas from Jarrett, I believe in 3/32” cpm154. I think most guys around us would absolutely love this model in the cpm with wood handles. It would be nice to see a turquoise shade tree bolster with a light colored blonde wood. Or a yellow shade tree bolster with a dark wenge or something. Just my opinion here. I’d buy one or two because I still have two boys that need one.

Fieldhand !!! (great name & suits the utility shape of the blade) in Oatmeal burlap with red or orange liners; or Sapphire burlap with black/ white liners.
Thanks for giving us hope :)

pocket pal in maple with natural micarta liners and pins. tapered and skeletonized. forged flats. :)

I would love a double edged Harpy with wood, Shadetree, or OD green micarta scales. With or without bolster.

Thanks,
Gus

#1 New unnamed drop point from 2/10/18
3/32" CPM154
Skeletonized tapered tang
Carbon fiber w/ blue g10 pinstripes

Last edited:
Thank you Jarrett Fleming Jarrett Fleming for making my wish list knife! Now I have a matching pair of EDC's.
ynNQ8RE.jpg

Jarrett Fleming Jarrett Fleming I have another wish list knife. A Harpy in CPM154 with a tapered tang. I really like the look of the skeletonized Bocote that was on a knife a few weeks ago. Hung up on the liner combination though. AND if it should be bolstered in something with spacers? Wouldn't want to take away from the look of that Bocote though. Any ideas come to mind Jarrett, I'd like to hear them. Thanks.

Jarrett Fleming Jarrett Fleming I have another wish list knife. A Harpy in CPM154 with a tapered tang. I really like the look of the skeletonized Bocote that was on a knife a few weeks ago. Hung up on the liner combination though. AND if it should be bolstered in something with spacers? Wouldn't want to take away from the look of that Bocote though. Any ideas come to mind Jarrett, I'd like to hear them. Thanks.

That knife had birdseye bocote. Every set will look completely different but I could probably find some similar. Personally I like green bolsters. Canvas micarta or evergreen shadetree bolsters w/ bocote is what I would use if making it for myself. I'm also really liking the natural w/ od green pinstripe combo right now. Spacers between the bolster and handle material or not it would be a sharp looking knife IMO.
There are so many great looking combos though! The choices are limitless.

That knife had birdseye bocote. Every set will look completely different but I could probably find some similar. Personally I like green bolsters. Canvas micarta or evergreen shadetree bolsters w/ bocote is what I would use if making it for myself. I'm also really liking the natural w/ od green pinstripe combo right now. Spacers between the bolster and handle material or not it would be a sharp looking knife IMO.
There are so many great looking combos though! The choices are limitless.
Choppaman Choppaman Jarrett Fleming Jarrett Fleming
Hey Jarrett, you can go ahead and just make 2 of them please! :D I want another one and I love that knife!
Bocote with OD canvas green micarta bolster would be a gorgeous combo! Just sayin'...

Regarding the Harpy pattern, I am honestly surprised that you don't get more requests for it (maybe you do and they just sell right away?)! For me, it sure fits the hand perfectly, and for a slightly larger blade, it feels very light and balanced. It is among my favorites! If anyone has been on the fence about trying a 9-10" knife (5" blade) and you want a true slicer that is also beautifully done and super great ergos in the hand, this would be a great choice!

Back