• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[WITHDRAWN for now] Will repost with more tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • For Sale. No Trade
  • First one to respond with "I'll take it" on this thread or PMs with quick payment gets it.
  • Ships from Phoenix, AZ
  • Ships only to CONUS locations
  • Paypal F&F or G&S only. Add 3% to price if you choose G&S
  • All prices include USPS Priority Shipping
jjjGeJQ

GEC 13 & 14 side by side. Detailed image links in the description below.

#1 Knife + Slip = $135
KNIFE:
Northfield 130117 Whip Gabon Ebony http://imgur.com/a/EQypT
Condition: New in Tube. Purchased new from dealer. Unused. Catch and release.

CUSTOM SLIP

Leather: Buttero Calf Leather/Dark Green/1.3 mm thickness/very high-end leather
Hand saddle-stitched with 0.6mm Tiger thread (black on the body, dark green at top trim)
Edge finish: Vernis paint (black), heat glazed, final finishing with beeswax
Completely hand-made from start to finish by me (I make leather slips for every one of my knives)
Note1: This leather has a very supple hand (buttery feel). I normally use bridle for slips, but this is a beautiful gentleman's wharncliffe, which is likely to be used for very light EDC tasks (if it is actually used at all), so I used the same leather as I used for a recent project that I did for a client (pen slip for a very rare antique pen).
Note2: 100% vegetable tanned leather
Note3: I just made this a few days ago, so it might fit a bit tighter than expected. Buttero will break-in beautifully and the tension will be just right after using it for a few days.
Note4: Because this knife doesn't have a lanyard hole, I've included a small tab at the bottom that you can hold onto or squeeze when removing knife from the slip. Also, once the knife is open, you can put the handle back into the slip to protect the handle from any rings you may have (it also provides extra grip on the knife).

#2 Knife + Slip = $85
KNIFE:
Tidioute 142116 Antique Yellow Jig Bone http://imgur.com/a/uLAyu
Condition: Used (kind of). Second owner, the blade looked unused when it arrived. I bought it to carry around at home for very light EDC (e.g., open envelopes), and the factory edge was well... factory edge, so I put an edge on it. Freehand sharpened to approx 17 - 19 dps and mirror polished to 0.1 micron (the edge whittles hair several times at the same spot... would not recommend opening the blade in the way Mike Latham opens knives). Never ended up using it because I got distracted by several other knives that came in the mail a few days later. Opinel #5 continues to be my home knife.

CUSTOM SLIP

Leather: Chevre (Goat) Chagrin Leather/Black/1.0 mm thickness/expensive stuff
Hand saddle-stitched with 0.6mm Tiger thread
Edge finish: Vernis paint (black), heat glazed, final finishing with beeswax
Completely hand-made from start to finish by me (I make leather slips for every one of my knives)
Note1: Supple hand, grain side is very abrasion resistant. Perfect leather for slipping into your shirt or coin pocket
Note2: 100% vegetable tanned leather
Note3: Goat leather is softer than calf, so no break in period needed for this slip. I would probably want all my knife slips to be made of Chevre Chagrin if price wasn't an issue.
Note4: Same note as the first slip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back