WK-1 High Carbon Folding Knife

Looks good, but I'd like to know what kind of steel, exactly, that it is made of. Also, seems like it would be a bit hard to open without any kind of thumbstud or hole in the blade.

looks like a frame-lock to me.
Nice blade but the wooden slabs (although they are nice to look at) look like a tacked-on afterthought.
If it was half the listed price i'd probably buy one though, i love Finnish knives!
A shot of the spine would be nice just to see if it is an open backed design.
In some ways it kinda looks like a tactical knife that has been retro "civilized", lol.
Hmmm no button or nail nick?

Here's a good shot of the mechanisim.

Meghanism.jpg

Blade is 80CrV2 which from what I gather is a high carbon saw steel

Doesn't look like "made in finland", more like made in china. I know some parts from an MTech knife. Isn't 80CrV2 also chinese?
I wouldn't pay 94$ for that.

Doesn't look like "made in finland", more like made in china. I know some parts from an MTech knife. Isn't 80CrV2 also chinese?
I wouldn't pay 94$ for that.

I was really debating the merits of making a similar observation myself. The whole thing does look a bit like a modified kit knife. But, I haven't handled one personally, so I can't comment from a position of experience. The pivot mechanism looks very similar to the one found on some lower-end knife kits. I prefer one that tightens with a torx wrench.

My $ 0.02, and I'm totally open to reconsidering it based on testimony from an owner.

- Mike

I guess at least the wood and maybe even the blade were made in finland, so I might take back what I said about the price.
I handled a similar MTech and the lock was great, especially for ~20 bucks, so I don't expect it to fail in any way.
I don't want to make the maker look like some kind of J. Lightning and his RAZR. There is more to this folder than that.