1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Wolf Creek Forge Took care of me! (Kentucky)

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by shortsocks, Jul 4, 2019.

1. shortsocks

shortsocks

Sep 3, 2015
    So I bought a Tomahawk head from Kentucky at Wolf Creek Forge.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spf.1658123/#post-18967210

Not a big deal. Except that this Tomakhawk was ridiculously sharp. Being the idiot that I was I thought I could make it sharper...and I didnt. In fact I did the completely opposite. I took a Perfect edge, I mean perfect mirror finish with a Edge that you can shave with, and made it embarrassingly bad.

So What did I do?

I reached out to the folks at WCF, and kindly asked them if they could help me out....And they Did! I sent back the head, and the resharpened the edge, refinished the mirror edge for me. Didn't charge me a penny and they didn't even make fun of me for it.

Not only is the tomahawk head Way underpriced for what it is, but it really is a Phenomenal Blade. In all the years of collecting Ive never had a Blade this sharp and in a Tomahawk head to boot! Its Laser blade sharp.

Just want to say thanks to Wolf Creek Forge for making such a great product and taking care of me for being an idiot.

Socks

2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Boy for that price one would expect a cheap soft hawk, but it sounds like a good maker under pricing great blades. Congrates on a good purchase.

shortsocks likes this.
  3. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    That bad boy is just flat out cool looking!
    Enjoy it Socks!

shortsocks likes this.
  4. buckfynn

buckfynn

May 1, 2011
    I'm glad to hear that they took care of you. So many of the posting here on GBU don't that way.

shortsocks likes this.
  5. shortsocks

shortsocks

Sep 3, 2015
    Thats what I thought too. I thought it would be some Cheapo Hawk...Thought what the hell? I'll take a chance. I Opened it up, and was blown away. It really is a great hawk. I have NO CLUE how they made this blade so damn sharp though. Its scary sharp. Ha!

I wish they would post some more products because Id LOVE to have a fixed blade from them that is this sharp.

6. CrufflerJJ

CrufflerJJ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Sounds like GOOD folks.

shortsocks likes this.
  7. JohnWE

JohnWE Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 7, 2013
    I'd have a look at more reviews before I'd send them any money.

Bushcraft USA forums for example.

shortsocks and buckfynn like this.
  8. shortsocks

shortsocks

Sep 3, 2015
    I did read the other reviews, on here and on Bushcraft. But a lot of those reviews were from a long time ago, and from what I have read they had serious medical issues in their families.

But what I really went by was how much WCF seems to write and help people with forging on this forum. That’s really Important to me, the community he/she tries to support.

This was just MY experience with them. And it was FANTASTIC. Very fast shipping, amazing products and they took care of me AFTER I messed up. For free. I consider that worthy of writing something good on anybody. Bladeforums is a community of folks better or worse. But it’s my opinion and experience that I would 100% work with them again.

Love this tomahawk.

CrufflerJJ and JohnWE like this.