wondering bout this knife.

saw this one and it is described as being a Schrade rare vintage knife. now i know i am no expert on Schrade and all the varients they made but this knife looks so wrong on way too many things to be a true Schrade. anyone have an idea if it is really real or what maker did make it?

Attachments

• question 01.jpg
    question 01.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 39
  • question 02.jpg
    question 02.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 39
That tang stamp number looks very much like a Craftsman number, and the knife may be a contract with Camillus. It is not a Schrade.

Pity we cant see the blade etch..I'll bet it says Sword Brand either side of two crossed swords... mine also has Tang stamp. Camillus New York U.S.A.

Knife looks like a Imperial Frontier Double Eagle 4515 which I was told was made by Camillus. And that is not the correct sheath for that knife.

can't remember the etch. the guy wrote back to me saying it was craftsman and he had researched it. a lot of makers made knives for Sears.

Knife looks like a Imperial Frontier Double Eagle 4515 which I was told was made by Camillus. And that is not the correct sheath for that knife.

were all frontier 4515 made by Camillus i have a boxed set with 4715 and 4515. thought it was made my Schrade?

We need a better expert but I had heard that all Frontiers were Camillus made. If you take a Camillus 886 and put it next to a Frontier 4815 they look more alike than next to a Schrade LB7. If you want to see that combo let me know and I will get them next to each other and get a picture.

Frontiers were initially made by Imperial before the merge of the two plants. Towards the end of their production many were being made at Camillus.
Most of the LB's were Camillus.

Back