Wondering....

How many of you actually use their bali's for cutting stuff????? might be a dumb question i don't know...just curious...

My Tachyon is my EDC. Everything from boxes to rope to plastic banding. Splinters dont stand a chance. The balisong is a great tool.

Mer

I have used balis daily since PC was in business. Best one for use IMHO are the three inchers.

My balis have done everything I need a knife for and many more crazy things. In fact I just resurrected a post on bali abuse with a interesting little item I did today.

I use them to open up boxes and stuff at home. Can't carry them here in nyc, otherwise I'd probably carry a small one around, too.

Oh, but I mostly I use my balis to cut myself. They work really well for that. Especially the little ones that you get but don't notice till well after you're done playing..

I carry mine every day, and use it most days! Mine is used mostly for opening boxes or packages, sometimes for cutting rope or cloth or whatever else needs cutting. :D

When the BM 31 becomes more widely distributed I believe many more will have a new "user" EDC.
BTW, you folks up North were robbed in Salt Lake City. I hope it gets straightened out.

Hey Ben.., nice to see you :) I think more guys/gals actually use their Balisongs than you might think. I have several friends that carry Balisongs for everyday use...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Jeez you guys...i didn't actually think this many people use their knives for other than flippin purposes.....crazy... i don't ever need a knife other then for putting butter on bread....hmmmm does anyone carry their bali's for self defence????

of course we use them. I don't carry mine for self defense I think that would dishonor my bali. For defense I rely on my wit and charming good looks ;)

anyone carry their bali's for self defence????

I did. In my home country (Lithuania). For almost 5 years. Couple timeds it saved my A$$. You know balisongs have some “magic”. People are afraid of them. Even more than guns. Maybe it’s because of “good” movie influence I don’t know.
Now I’m in US and waiting for UPS guy to bring me my new jag :)

My BM43 is an every day carry. It is used to strip wire and open packages. I also use it to help reach things like boxes on high shelves.

Originally posted by CONTENDER204
hmmmm does anyone carry their bali's for self defence????
Unfortumately, because as nybble said, bali's are illegal carry item in NYC, so the only reason I carry is for self-defense. Won't leave home without one most of the time. And with Clay's BaliExtreme sheaths, comfortable carry is never an issue.

Before the bali ban, my EDC was several BM customs in rotation. They got used for everything a knife was required to do.

Everyday. Just a few minutes ago, I used mine to open a couple boxes of doughnuts. Nothing like a skillfully opened Balisong to impress the folks hanging around the coffee machine.

Believe it or not I have one I use for gardening. Nothing gives me greater joy that to quick draw a bali and dispatch a weed.
:D

Originally posted by latchless
Believe it or not I have one I use for gardening.

:D LOL! Does anyone remember the Jeff Imada balisong video? There's a scene with a woman bustin' out a black tanto (I think) and then she started potting a plant with it or something to that effect. I just thought that scene was so funny and mention of "gardening" with the balisong by latchless conjured up the memory of that image. Funny stuff!

Does anyone gut fish with their bali, or have some spare handles and blades just hanging out in their desk droor like Les?

Every Day Carry

I do a lot of shipping so I use it for boxes, straps, tape, punching a carb in the lid of beer can. You know, the usual stuff.:rolleyes: I once used it to punch a hole in the bottom of a trashcan that held a keg so the water could drain. I can't say I use it for self defense as I don't intend on letting it get that far, besides :D I smile to much for anybody to want to fight me:D It just is'nt cool to fight happy people:D

Back