Woo-hoo, going to the Grand Canyon!!!

Just got my mother and grandfather on board last night. My GF has been wanting to do Rim to Rim, so that is what we are going to do. The only spot we could get is the 1st week in June. I know...HOT! Hopefully not too bad.

We are starting on the North Rim and will follow the N Kaibab Trail and stay @ Cottonwood CG the 1st day/night. 2nd night @ Bright Angel CG. Then on through Phantom Ranch over the Colorado and then stay @ Indian Garden CG. 4 days/3 nights.

GF is almost 90, walks 2-3 miles every day. He said it may kill him, but it's on his bucket list. I told him - better to die in the Canyon than on the couch. He agreed. ;) My mother and I will split most of his load.

Anyone done this route? Anone been this time of year? Anyone got any insight or tips?

This is going to take a lot of training. Neato. Is your wife going along, that load may be too much for you. No offense.

Wow bro. That is quite a trip. You guys are going to be dying, but you'll have incredible vistas. Heat stroke is a small price to pay.

Only about 110F on the Canyon floor. I'll just make sure I keep in the shade...oh wait...

I went south to north and back again. It was the best hike of my life. We did it in the middle of July, very hot!!! Make sue that you take lots of water and get very earl starts (3:30 4:00). The trip between The trip between the cotton wood and the Bright Angel camp ground can heat up quite a bit. No joke, don't be in it anytime after 10:00am.

Take your time and take lots of pics, you will have one of the greatest trips of your life.

Ask the ranger at the Phantom Ranch to do the scorpion walk, and also ask them about the ghosts of the canyon.

new guy here, just wanted to say hi!.....falcon a rim to rim hike is awesome. i never had the chance to do rim to rim, only down to the colorado and back up on the south rim (kaibab and bright angle) camped at both bright angeland indian garden, if you can watch the sunrise from the bridge by the stream...stunning...... i think its even better to do it with your family. grand canyon is a beautiful spot! please keep us informed and once it happend pics please! :)

Back