Wood Scaled UH LB-8 ???

Greetings All !!!!

Would greatly appreciate input/insight on this knife now on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:US:11&Item=250117617236

I have never seen a wood scaled LB8. I wrote the seller, whom I have dealt with before and seems to be a straight-shooter, and he tells me that for sure it's stamped as described, it was his dads knife and that his dad only bought from reputable dealers...

Just wondering if worth further pursuit (currently am out bid) or not..

Thanks in advance..

regards,

dannyb

God Bless Our Troops ...
God Bless those that Served...

dannyb, it is an oddity, yes. We most often see LB8 handles with LB7 blades, not LB7 handles with LB8 blades. It obviously interests you, and appears to be in good condition. What is it worth? That is up to you. Last MSRP for a standard LB7 in 2004 was $62.95. I can still buy them NIB for about $30, tax included. As an oddity with wrong blade stamp, it does have added value to a collector interested in such. If you like it, keep bidding. But don't do it expecting a big money return if you sell it. It would be cool displayed with it's opposite (LB8 handles with LB7 blades), and also a correct LB7 and LB8.

Michael

Thanks Michael - You've definitely got me pegged....

For sure can't claim I've ever "invested" wisely, resell never seems to enter into my "decisions", as my bank account can attest !!!

The "display" factor was/is exactly what I was thinking of!!!

Just wanted to do a bit of a "sanity" check....

Now ain't THAT an oxymoron !!!

dannyb

From this group your looking for sanity??? :D
I dont think so.

A person would have to be a bit off center to have a dozen or more LB7s. Or Woodsmans. Or Deerslayers, or Sharpfingers. See? I admit it! But having several dozen 897UHs is quite normal, don't you think? :D

Codger

Well over 100 Schrades and writing emails about it on the Friday night of Memorial Day weekend is normal behavior is normal isn't it? With lawn mowing beckoning me I think so.

Back