1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by pistonsandgears, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  2. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    [​IMG]

3. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    GEC #12 in Cocobolo

[​IMG]

4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I happen to be carrying a knife with wood covers this week, and I happened to realize that on Wednesday, so I guess the stars are aligned for me to post in this thread! ;)
    A knife my daughter bought me in the shop of Mariano Zamorano in Toledo, Spain, although the knife was almost certainly manufactured by the Spanish company Nieto. (It's photographed resting inside a large Menger Sponge (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menger_sponge#MegaMenger)(https://calvin.edu/academics/departments-programs/mathematics-statistics/mega-menger/).)
    [​IMG]

- GT

5. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    GT, that's a very nice knife! I like it!

6. justsomedude

justsomedude Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2011
    Love your LC, netguy1999. Is that Blackwood or ebony? Who's the maker?
    Figured I'd participate in Wooden Wednesday this week with this little guy:
    [​IMG]

7. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    That's a very nice knife you have there, yourself! Mine is a Case/Bose in ebony.

8. justsomedude

May 23, 2011
    Wow, that's a collab knife? It looked like a custom to me. Gotta get my hands on a case/bose collab knife one of these days...

9. Stan Rose

Stan Rose

Apr 8, 2011
    So many beautiful knives guys.
    [​IMG]
    Northfield 42 in Cocobolo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10. justsomedude

May 23, 2011
    Great patina on those, Stan Rose.

11. Stan Rose

Stan Rose

Apr 8, 2011
    Thanks. My wife also has me eating a lot of apples, if she only knew how they help develop a patina.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Just some outstanding Wood for today!!! :thumbup: #47 Viper for me today. :D

[​IMG]

13. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Some Bubinga:

[​IMG]

One ya don't see often Aptos:

[​IMG]

Turkish Walnut:

[​IMG]

14. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Beautiful knife made by my Spanish neighbors !!!

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the compliments on the Spanish knife my daughter gave me. :)
    I don't check out this thread very often, but I think I should develop a Wednesday habit to visit here; so many admirable knives this week! :thumbup:
    John, your ebony Case/Bose is fantastic, and the shield is icing on the cake!
    Pt-Luso, your 83 is very desirable!
    Shoot, I like 'em ALL (that's my problem! :D):
    Ron's rosewood Viper is high-class,
    Dave's walnut fixed blade is SUCH a rich-looking handle,
    justsomedude's jigged wood Halfrich is WAY out of MY league (bolster, shield, jigging all incredible)
    James's cocobolo toothpick with the bodice shield is dreamy! :thumbup::thumbup:

- GT

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  16. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Whoa! That is a real beauty.

17. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Thank-you GT!

18. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    Thank you, Alan!

19. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    GT, thanks for the kind words, I like the shield and wood on that one as well. IMO the toothpick is an winning design due to it's ergonomics and GEC toothpicks are arguably the best due to their "goldie locks" size. (not to big or too small.)
    BTW, you are an asset to any thread you choose to frequent so Wooden Wednesday benefits whenever you post here. Thanks for sharing that beautiful olive-wood slip joint your daughter surprise gifted to you.

20. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Mr. GT !!!