woodlore pro,most expensive bushcraft/survival knife?

Just curious about that knife,is there any knife more expensive than ray mears knives in this category?
ffe3f3d6a0d1d0e527753f0be09d9335.jpg

Last edited:
The original Woodlore knife,designed by Ray Mears and handmade by UK maker Alan Wood routinely sell for between £500 and £900 depending on condition when they occasionally come on the UK market.Seems like an awful lot of money for a piece of 01 with a Scandi grind and a maple handle,as always though anything is worth what somebody is willing to pay.
The same maker will supply you with a Woodlore profile knife (essentially the same knife without the Ray Mears etching) for £295,to be fair they sell very quickly when available.

Last edited:
Not a bad looking knife, but wow, at roughly $583 with an O1 blade, they are pretty proud of it.
Yes but then Mears is popular and if it sells, I guess it isnt 'overpriced.'
Its a nice knife albeit a tad generic. Not a knife, I personally would buy for that price.
You can get a lot of other really nice knives for that kind of money - production and custom.

What is the best “woodlore” quality clone out there? Adventure Sworn seems like a very viable option with their classic model. Any others?
Its up to the individual to determine, what is the 'best' knife for him or her, so not somehing easily pinned down.

Not a clone per se but look up Polk Knives from this forum.

What is the best “woodlore” quality clone out there? Adventure Sworn seems like a very viable option with their classic model. Any others?
I have a superb bushcraft (Woodlore clone) knife made by English maker Tony Harding,I have had both in hand and can honestly say I could not tell any difference in quality And I understand Tony to have worked with Alan Wood in the past.
www.ashardingknives.com

LT Wright Genesis Scandi ~$210
LT-Wright-Knives-Genesis-Scandi-Bush-Black-Micarta-Satin-BHQ-92313-jr.jpg

Bark River Aurora ~$180

Bark-River-Knives-Aurora-Bushcraft-Green-Canvas-Micarta-satin-BHQ-6149-er.jpg

Both LT and BR have other similar "bushcraft" knives. I should point out that Bark River/Mike Stewart doesn't have the best rep on this site due to various issues (QC, questionable business practics/ethics, etc). I mention this since someone is bound to say something. I own 2 BR knives that I bought many years ago. As a MI resident, I wanted to support a MI company. Would I buy a BR knife now? I don't know. If you want more info, search (upper right corner) "Bark River" or "Mike Stewart". Just a FYI.

Not sure any model is a "clone" but LT Wright overs some similiar style blades and they are top notch ...

and they also offer other styles that are great bushcraft knives.

Back