Woods available....any interest ?

Pardon for this insertion if its felt in the wrong place....if felt so please notify. Over the holidays my dad and I were talking knives and subject of wood came up. He asked if I could post a general query to BF. From the days when he had a portable sawmill he had cut out a variety of exotics including but not limited to Cocobola as well as a variety of spalted woods including Pecan, Austrulian Pine and others. Some of these materials have already been cut into matching bookmark ends for use as pistol grips and or knife handle material, other is still in block or board or cant. We're not particularly sure if any of this is desireable among this group and or any exact values but if there is an interest he would be interested in possibly dealing. He is a lover of wood as well as knives. Though he may not be quite up to speed with current makers on this forum he has dealt with several makers as both supplier of material and purchaser of blades in the past so he has a good appreciation of what is looked for in figured wood or other characteristics. Any comments or inquiries appreciated.

------------------
Only perfect practice makes perfect

[This message has been edited by Freemon (edited 01-04-2000).]

Freemon,

You have e-mail.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Folks,

A BIG thanks to all for responses and comments. All emails have been forwarded to my dad so he can act upon them, looks like he has his hands full.
smile.gif

------------------
Only perfect practice makes perfect

Back