WooHoo! My 2021 Kitchen Kith Knife Arrived.

Your welcome!! Glad you like the carbon fiber material!! I have a ~6" x 6" chunk of it I need to cut down into blocks or scales. One end of the block is around 3/4" thick, the other end is 1.5" thick. Next block I do will hopefully be more level! Most 210mms are short height wise for me, too. When I do them taller, they look weirder profile wise?

Your welcome!! Glad you like the carbon fiber material!! I have a ~6" x 6" chunk of it I need to cut down into blocks or scales. One end of the block is around 3/4" thick, the other end is 1.5" thick. Next block I do will hopefully be more level! Most 210mms are short height wise for me, too. When I do them taller, they look weirder profile wise?
I didn't mean that it didn't work, honestly, just trying to find anything about it so I didn't sound like a kiss ass. I wouldn't change anything.

Thank you

A bit of angle on the cutting edge can really help. If you lay the flat spot of the edge on the board the handle should still angle up allowing for a bit better knuckle clearance.

I quite like the aesthetic it creates to but obviously those things are entirely subjective.

You'll see this on a lot of Japanese profiles.

Also, (at least ime) it puts your wrist in a nice natural position for push and pull cutting.

Yeah, I did one where I made the handle itself more angled up on the top and it looks kinda weird to me? I like to do longer blades anyway, or do shorter, taller blades. This one, I tried to stick to a more traditional 210mm height. I may try the handle angled up more with the next 210mm I do. Cut another Nitro V one cut out, but it's a bit taller.

Yeah, I did one where I made the handle itself more angled up on the top and it looks kinda weird to me? I like to do longer blades anyway, or do shorter, taller blades. This one, I tried to stick to a more traditional 210mm height. I may try the handle angled up more with the next 210mm I do. Cut another Nitro V one cut out, but it's a bit taller.
Handle stays in line with the spine, but the edge angles toward the spine instead of running parralell. Looks nice and has the added 0lus of angling the handle up in use

VHituGq.jpeg
LkKlyuT.jpeg
LkKlyuT.jpeg
4yIC0cg.jpeg
hHg2aMx.jpeg
IfwDavr.jpeg
78hGMSP.jpeg
VI5H8AE.jpeg
cwz7tLH.jpeg

I was away when my knife came. It came it a amazing leather case. I forgot to get pictures so I will post it later. It was a fantastic surprise. The handle is a bit billy for me but someday maybe my hands will grow up. I had a nice dinner planned for my wife so it was a perfect opportunity to try it out. I cut carrots, celery and shallots and squash and the blade performs great. The profile is fantastic and everything worked amazingly. Herbs were not a match for it and I was able to get fine cuts. I'm just a guy who likes to eat so my knife skills are still a work in progress but the knife never let me down. I'm glade I didn't have to pay for a fine knife like this. It's well out of my budget. It has a flawless frame handle. The handle has a perfect finish and I will learn from it. I wish my kitchen would show it off a bit better.

My meal was a herbed boned leg of lamb cooked slow over apple wood. I made a salad of shallots, cucumbers from our garden, celery, red pepper, nasturtium blossoms and the crust of stale bread with a dressing of tested lemon and juice, fresh herbs and fresh cracked peppercorns, avocado oil, shallots and a nice little Pinot Grigio. I cheated and used a rice mix but I spiced it up with some veggies.
V5JdwjE.jpeg
uzfAeEl.jpeg
uzfAeEl.jpeg

Last edited:
I got to use D Daniel Carraher knife tonight. I was very pleased with it. It has a nicely faceted gcarta hidden tang handle, well executed S grind, polished spine and choil. Especially considering he did this in 4 days after a cracked first knife there were no real issues. I gave him a lot of feedback off the forums but wanted everyone to see this knife. I can't for the life of me figure out how to embed Imgur photos with the imgur android app so if anyone knows let me know but here's a link to some photos from a quick dinner tonight. The long k tip did nicely getting inside that pepper to core it.

I got to use D Daniel Carraher knife tonight. I was very pleased with it. It has a nicely faceted gcarta hidden tang handle, well executed S grind, polished spine and choil. Especially considering he did this in 4 days after a cracked first knife there were no real issues. I gave him a lot of feedback off the forums but wanted everyone to see this knife. I can't for the life of me figure out how to embed Imgur photos with the imgur android app so if anyone knows let me know but here's a link to some photos from a quick dinner tonight. The long k tip did nicely getting inside that pepper to core it.
That knife looks awesome. Here are the pictures your android refused to embed:

x3GzF8V.jpeg

sg5DdVt.jpeg

FUcO1vN.jpeg

pVDqCaw.jpeg

My package dropped off the radar last weekend and I thought I would not get any further tracking updates until after delivery, but I just got an update showing it was scanned about 400 miles from its destination. I'm hoping it will get delivered before the weekend.

My package dropped off the radar last weekend and I thought I would not get any further tracking updates until after delivery, but I just got an update showing it was scanned about 400 miles from its destination. I'm hoping it will get delivered before the weekend.
I guess it's fair to say, that I know where that package is going. :))
I got the notification by the Post App 2 days after you sent the package and have been hitting the refresh button since. I am impatiently waiting for it and will be posting a lot of pics.
S Storm W raised the bar with that lamb dinner šŸ˜

I guess it's fair to say, that I know where that package is going. :))
I got the notification by the Post App 2 days after you sent the package and have been hitting the refresh button since. I am impatiently waiting for it and will be posting a lot of pics.
S Storm W raised the bar with that lamb dinner šŸ˜
I am quite surprised that they managed to send you a notification. After I dropped the package off at the post office, I happened to glance at the receipt at a stop light and noticed it said Australia on it (Austria? G'day, mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie...). So, I went back to the post office and the package was still up front. The lady redid the (electronic) paperwork, but it was not very confidence inspiring. I was relieved when I got an update from Frankfurt today and not from Sydney.

I hope you'll like the knife and look forward to your feedback. Please, excuse the rather inelegant packaging...

I am quite surprised that they managed to send you a notification. After I dropped the package off at the post office, I happened to glance at the receipt at a stop light and noticed it said Australia on it (Austria? G'day, mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie...). So, I went back to the post office and the package was still up front. The lady redid the (electronic) paperwork, but it was not very confidence inspiring. I was relieved when I got an update from Frankfurt today and not from Sydney.

I hope you'll like the knife and look forward to your feedback. Please, excuse the rather inelegant packaging...
Hahah, forgot about that line, love that movie.
There is thousands of memes on this confusing topic. I just saw that the package is through the customs, if I am lucky, I will have it tomorrow!

Hahah, forgot about that line, love that movie.
There is thousands of memes on this confusing topic. I just saw that the package is through the customs, if I am lucky, I will have it tomorrow!
Got another update that said "Your item arrived at a facility in AUSTRIA on September 17, 2021 at 5:22 pm." Let's hope that facility is the post office in Graz...

dS5UbH8.jpg
HZHpheI.jpg

Got some good advice from the person that got my knife. He said grind a little thinner, and the handle is a little short.

Tried to go thinner and longer handle.
What is that handle material?

Based on the size of the secondary bevel, I think you can probably go a good bit thinner. Have you measured the thickness near the edge?

What is that handle material?

Based on the size of the secondary bevel, I think you can probably go a good bit thinner. Have you measured the thickness near the edge?
The edge is actually super thin, I don't have a micrometer to measure it, but it got blurry in the picture.

I love this handle material, it's cholla with turquoise

Back