Work in Progress/Preview 11/1/16

I hope everyone had a great Halloween, here is what I am working on. This is not the only thing I am working on. I have other projects in the works but this is what pertains to Thursday and what I had a chance to photograph. I am still catching up on emails and post so if I haven't gotten back to you I should in a few days , I don't mind you guys checking in either sometimes I mistakenly look over some correspondence.

Getting ready to taper all 19, This many tapered tangs at once hurts my fingers, LOL a little hint of what will be coming down the pipe line soon.

Hosted on Fotki

Recieved this in the mail today! It is a Liquid Nitrogen Dewar. This Dewar will allow me to Cryo quench stainless steels. I still need to buy some safety equipment and Liquid Nitrogen. I hope to offer Cyro treated blades before the end of the year.
Hosted on Fotki

Here is what I am working on for Thursday
From Top to Bottom
Razorback 1/8'' CPM154 w/ Ivory G10 over Natural w/ Black accent liner
Warthog 3/32" CPM154 Natural Canvas Micarta Bolster w/ Jade G10 and Orange accent liners
Raptor 3/32" CPM154 Carbon Fiber over Blue G10 and Toxic Green accent liners.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Kiridashis CPM154 one will be left handed the other right handed

Hosted on Fotki

To be continued..........

Thank you for looking

Questions and comments welcome!

Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

Last edited:
Hey Chris,

Congrats on the Liquid Nitrogen Dewar!

This batch looks awesome as well. I think I like the hammered texture a bit more than the vertically streaked texture (speaking of Raptors) and that white scheme is growing on me (gotta keep Douglas on his toes).

Thanks for sharing!

- Jerry

Hey Chris,

This batch looks awesome as well. I think I like the hammered texture a bit more than the vertically streaked texture (speaking of Raptors) and that white scheme is growing on me (gotta keep Douglas on his toes).

Thanks for sharing!

- Jerry

PM Sent LOL

PM Sent LOL

Ahhh, you did pick up what I was throwing down.

Anyone considering a Warthog or Raptor ...

The Warthog in this batch is 3/32 tapered and I would grab it if you're on the fence about one.

I just used my Raptor for the first time and tortured an apple to death. Holy heck is the Raptor a slicer!! Given the curve of the blade you can place the tip down and just roll the knife blade right on through stuff, with little need to do pull cuts. I don't own another knife with this blade profile but the tip is beyond outstanding with regard to cutting, turning in while cutting and intricate details. Wow.

In my opinion, this entire batch should be sold by 9:01 Eastern tomorrow night.

I tend to stop paying attention when steel discussion gets to in- depth, but I think it is awesome that you are taking steps in experimenting with the toughness of your blades. I hope to add a cryo treated Osprey down the line.

There is also a good mix of profiles on the table. That's a lot of tapering.

The three in this week's batch are exceptional. I see 2 I could possibly take a stab at for sure...

I have got to be more serious about snagging a 3/32 warthog. It's. A sweet model!

Hey Chris,

Thanks for sharing!

- Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I have been waiting on getting one of these for awhile. I had to do alot of research to figure out what exactly would best fit my needs over the long term, also these in good condition are not that easy to find at a affordable price. I look forward to improving the performance of the CPM154 I offer as well as S35vn. I am waiting on one more peice of equipment to be built and shipped before I get into S35vn again. I am fairly certain I will be able to offer S35vn and CPM154 cryo quenched reguraly by the end of the year.

I know where I'll be at 6PM on Thursday! :D

look forward to seeing you there and thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures of your Mamushi

That's a Fine Batch Chris!! [White G10 Razorback duly noted!]

Thank you Doug!

Ahhh, you did pick up what I was throwing down.

Anyone considering a Warthog or Raptor ...

The Warthog in this batch is 3/32 tapered and I would grab it if you're on the fence about one.

I just used my Raptor for the first time and tortured an apple to death. Holy heck is the Raptor a slicer!! Given the curve of the blade you can place the tip down and just roll the knife blade right on through stuff, with little need to do pull cuts. I don't own another knife with this blade profile but the tip is beyond outstanding with regard to cutting, turning in while cutting and intricate details. Wow.

In my opinion, this entire batch should be sold by 9:01 Eastern tomorrow night.

I hope your right Jerry! I am glad you got your hands on a Raptor and enjoy the features I incorperated into the blade. I am very fond of the Raptor profile myself.

I tend to stop paying attention when steel discussion gets to in- depth, but I think it is awesome that you are taking steps in experimenting with the toughness of your blades. I hope to add a cryo treated Osprey down the line.

There is also a good mix of profiles on the table. That's a lot of tapering.

The three in this week's batch are exceptional. I see 2 I could possibly take a stab at for sure...

I hope to see you there tomorrow night even if you dont end up picking any of them up. The metalergy can get pretty dry, I think the reason it holds my attention is feuled by my desire to build the best possible performing knife I can make. This seemed like a natural evolution for me and something I have been interest in incorperating for awhile. I am excited to take advatage of it.In turn I hope it leads to a better product for you guys to enjoy.

Nice looking semen tank. If there is a dairy around or large animal vet they may be able to get it filled for you. (with nitrogen)

Nice looking semen tank. If there is a dairy around or large animal vet they may be able to get it filled for you. (with nitrogen)

LOL, Thanks I hate to think thats what it was used for prior to me getting it, it is possible though! I think I know a few within a short drive. I hadnt quite figured out where I was getting the LN2 from yet. But first things first I needed a place to store it. I think it will work pretty well for cryo treating blades. Thank you for you recommendation.

Back