Work in progress/preview 11/8/16

I hope hope everyone is doing well, I intended on writing this thread last night but I was glued to the television all night watching the election coverage.

As of Tuesday night

Here is what I have been working on this week
From top to bottom 3/32 CPM154 Carbon Fiber Warthog with Green accent liners
3/32 CPM154 Trailhand OD green canvas micarta over 1/8" natural liners (Sandblasted)
3/32" CPM154 Mamushi Natural Bolsters wth Jade G10 and Red accent liners ( Sandblasted)

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Wednesday night these are how they looked, these will be up for sale tomorrow night.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Other projects I am working on

Hidden tang short machete 1095

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Custom/ Wishlist knives (not for sale)

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Last week was a big week for me Wednesday I received a TW90 Grinder and accessories I had ordered 4 weeks prior. Friday a 450 pound Nimba Gladiator Anvil. I have been waiting years for something like this and it's been 4 years in the making since I had made my first knife. I share this with you for the purpose of thanking each and everyone of you that has supported me and purchased my knives. Getting this equipment has been a dream come true and through your generosity and support you guys have helped me obtain the equipment I hope will help me to continue to grow in my craft.

Thank you!!!

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Questions and comments welcome!

Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

Congratulations on the awesome equipment Chris [emoji108]

Another very nice batch in the works. The green pinstripes look stunning

Chris, I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon your work. Congratulations on your acquisitions. I look forward to adding many more OK&T knives to my collection! Love the looks of that Anvil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go Chris.......these are giant steps forward toward an exciting future for OK&T......Congrats !

Peter

Congrats on the equipment! The knives look awesome! The texturing on Warthog really compliments the carbon fiber nicely.

Loving some of these knives coming up.

Congratulations, new shop equipment is always fun. I don't know anything about grinders but I can only assume an upgrade will make a big difference in what you do and are planning on doing. That anvil is a beast. If it were me and it was a few hundred pounds lighter, I don't probably spend most of the day trying to lift it by the horn.

Congrats brother. Love the new equipment... Great selection of knives as well. If the vulchers dont mind ill just take that mamushi when its posted :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the new gear Chris. Having dedicated equipment that suits your knife making style will save you a lot of time trying to make due with workarounds.

That Warthog matches my Raptor. I'll try to reunite the pair tonight.

Phil

:thumbup:Congrats on the equipment upgrade Chris! Hope you continue to make wonderful knives and have much success! :)

Holy smokes! Congrats on picking those tools up. I know how much that surface grinder attachment will help and it will be fun to see what comes off that anvil.

Chris
Snap a pic of one of your knives on that freakin BEAST anvil to give perspective

Chris
Snap a pic of one of your knives on that freakin BEAST anvil to give perspective

I was comparing that anvil to the palette, saw 400lbs and figured it was safe to assume nobody will be walking off with that thing. A pic would be cool to see.

Woah!! Big congratulations, Chris.
And the blades, as always, look awesome.

Thank you!

Congratulations on the awesome equipment Chris [emoji108]

Another very nice batch in the works. The green pinstripes look stunning

Thank you Abe! I have been dreaming about these tools for awhile. I didnt get much work done Friday once the anvil came in. I found myself staring at it for a few hours.

Chris, I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon your work. Congratulations on your acquisitions. I look forward to adding many more OK&T knives to my collection! Love the looks of that Anvil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I consider myself very fortunate to be able to do what I love for a living, and have so many awesome people who appreciate and love the work I do. The pleasure is all mine. Thank you!!

Way to go Chris.......these are giant steps forward toward an exciting future for OK&T......Congrats !

Peter

Thank you Peter! I know me and you have had quite a few conversations about my plans as a knifemaker and my intentions with these tools. I agree this was a huge investment in my future as a knifemaker. I look forward to getting aquaintent with my new tools soon!

Here's to your continued success my friend !!

Cheers my friend, Thank you!

Congrats on the equipment! The knives look awesome! The texturing on Warthog really compliments the carbon fiber nicely.

Thank you , Jerry. I agree this texturing suits the pattern in the carbon fiber really well!

Loving some of these knives coming up.

Congratulations, new shop equipment is always fun. I don't know anything about grinders but I can only assume an upgrade will make a big difference in what you do and are planning on doing. That anvil is a beast. If it were me and it was a few hundred pounds lighter, I don't probably spend most of the day trying to lift it by the horn.

Thank Danny, I am pretty excited about the new tools, This Grinder is 3 tools in one. Its a vertical/horizontal grinder. I also purchased the surface grinding attachment, so it is a surface grinder as well. It will be nice to have my own tools finally that I can have set up to best fit my personal needs. No more jockying around trying to find time on a girnder.

Congrats brother. Love the new equipment... Great selection of knives as well. If the vulchers dont mind ill just take that mamushi when its posted :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You might have to fight for that one it turned out pretty sweeet! I can't blieve I havent made this combo before!

Congratulations on the new gear Chris. Having dedicated equipment that suits your knife making style will save you a lot of time trying to make due with workarounds.

That Warthog matches my Raptor. I'll try to reunite the pair tonight.

Phil

Thanks Phil, Having my own dedicated equipment will definetly help improve and streamline my work. I am excited to get aquainted with this equipment. I am confident thses tools will help elevate my work to another level.

:thumbup:Congrats on the equipment upgrade Chris! Hope you continue to make wonderful knives and have much success! :)

Thank you Gus!

Holy smokes! Congrats on picking those tools up. I know how much that surface grinder attachment will help and it will be fun to see what comes off that anvil.

Thank you! Yes, the surface grinding attachment is a sweet bonus. The anvil is definetly going to be where I do most of m creating in the future.

Chris

I will tomorrow, at the house writing the thread for tonight. The face is 7" Wide and 39" long and it weighs 450lbs

I was comparing that anvil to the palette, saw 400lbs and figured it was safe to assume nobody will be walking off with that thing. A pic would be cool to see.

It would take several strong people to walk away with this and they still wouldnt get very far!

I will tomorrow, at the house writing the thread for tonight. The face is 7" Wide and 39" long and it weighs 450lbs

It would take several strong people to walk away with this and they still wouldnt get very far!
you silly goose
I know how big it is. The guys here don't
:D

Back