Work in Progress/Preview 12/6/16

Hey guys, thank you so much for all of the fantastic answers. It all makes sense, and I'm glad I now have an answer to this. Personally, I also dislike the mill finish, and I like thinner steels. In fact, 1/8 (0.125 inch) is as thick as I'd want any knife to be, so when you see a 1/8" steel stock coming in around 0.13 or 0.14" it rules it out for me. Chris, this is something I really appreciate in your listings; it's incredibly helpful to know the exact thickness measurement and I hope you continue to do this!

Hey guys, thank you so much for all of the fantastic answers. It all makes sense, and I'm glad I now have an answer to this. Personally, I also dislike the mill finish, and I like thinner steels. In fact, 1/8 (0.125 inch) is as thick as I'd want any knife to be, so when you see a 1/8" steel stock coming in around 0.13 or 0.14" it rules it out for me. Chris, this is something I really appreciate in your listings; it's incredibly helpful to know the exact thickness measurement and I hope you continue to do this!

Your welcome I am glad I could help out.

Hey Chris, as you know, I'm all about thin too. As an additional use for the anvil, you could always hoist and drop it on the stock to make it thinner and closer to a true 1/8 or 3/32. You going to be ordering any 1/32 or 5/64 any time soon? (juuuust kidding)

Back