Work in Progress/Preview 8/30/16

I hope everyone is enjoying the slightly cooler weather, I know I am!
Here is what I have going on at the moment.

This is a photo of about 90% of my work in progress. From left to right, we have a bunch of blades ready for prepping the flats for hammer texture. I hand sand all of the flats before texturing to provide an even and consistant finish for the texturing, I spend about 10 minutes a blade on average prepping for hammer texturing, longer for the larger ones.
Far right is what I am getting ready for this Thursday!

Hosted on Fotki

This weeks batch ready for hand sanding. From top to bottom, Mamushi 3/32 TT,
1) African Blackwood over Black w/ white,
2) Trail hand 3/32 TT, Flamed Box Elder Burl over Natural w/ red,
3) (New Model) 1/8" TT Flamed box Edler Burl over Natural w/ red and white
and last but not least,
4) (New model) 1/8'' TT, Heirloom Grade Koa over Natural w/ Black

Hosted on Fotki

Another view

Hosted on Fotki

The big boy below here I am going to refer to as Thumper until I decide what to call it. I tweaked the design a little. I opened up the finger choil in the handle to accomadate the first 2 fingers instead on one. I will be heat treating it soon and finishing it. I am probably going to beat the snot out of this one to see what is made of. Should be interesting.

The one on the bottom is a one off or Prototype havent decided yet. I will be finishing this one up in the near future as well. Both of these are experimental designs that I have yet to decide if i will reproduce. After I finish them up and play with them I will decide then if I will make more.

Hosted on Fotki

A stack of 5/32" CPM154

Hosted on Fotki

1/8" CPM154

Hosted on Fotki

3/32" CPM154

Hosted on Fotki

Oh wait, what is this! 3/32" S35vn and yes they are tapered

Hosted on Fotki

1/8'' S35vn

Hosted on Fotki

Thats it for now. I encourage all of you to follow my work in progress threads, You never know what I might have up my sleeve. I have some more new exciting stuff coming down the pike soon. The S35vn is just the beginning. Thanks everyone for their continued support.
Questions and comments welcome.

Thanks,
Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

Last edited:
:thumbup:Great stuff coming down the pike! Looking forward to the 3/32 S35vn Raptor! ;)

Booyah!! (which by the way, would be a good knife model name too)

Looking great! Keeping my fingers crossed for the S35VN :thumbup:

:thumbup:Great stuff coming down the pike! Looking forward to the 3/32 S35vn Raptor! ;)

I'm right there with you Gus! There is a lot of cool stuff in the pipeline here, but that tapered 3/32" S35VN Raptor really has my attention. :thumbup:

Nice work Chris!

Phil

It's exciting to see how you are "pushing the envelope" Chris. You have quietly become the "Innovator-In-Chief" at the shop.

I also have to agree with Gus & Phil on that 3/32" S35vn Raptor.......folks will be lining up for that one !

Lots of great things happening. I would love to go for that blackwood Mamushi, 3 might indicate I have a problem though. Also excited to see how the koa finishes out on the new model, I think it will turn out beautifully. Do I see a scandi EDU in there?

Although I am content with your cpm154, it is great to see the s35vn coming into shape.

Very cool stuff Chris.

Back